Caffeine

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I had my initial consultation last Friday. I made it a goal to be off caffeine by the time I go back for my food instruction this coming Friday. I have been day-by-day reducing the amount of caffeine I have had and I had my last Diet Dr. Pepper this morning at 8:00 a.m. I have such a headache. I read somewhere that the worst of the withdrawal is going to hit about 24 to 48 hours from your last intake. Any suggestions to lessen the withdrawal symptoms?
  • Just know that it will pass! You are on a great road to success by gradually getting off that caffeine. I have been caffeine free since March 8th when I began MRC conditioning and I feel wonderful! Take some aspirin if you need to and drink your water. Congrats ~Angela
  • I was told b-12 would help with caffiene withdrawal.
  • The only thing that worked for me was time. It sucked, and I miss my diet cokes and skinny vanilla lattes. But I'll live. Plus I can't imagine drinking anything else on top of 100 oz of water a day. Yeesh
  • Thanks, everybody! I got some B12 and I'm drinking a lot of water. So far I've got a headache but it hasn't been as bad as I expected.
  • Not a good caffiene day for me already. I think because I weighed at home the last couple days and no loss. Weigh in is tomorrow and I can't imagine losing the 3 lbs we had targeted for overnight. So I got tired of being tired from the withdrawals this morning and have already had a 44oz diet coke fromt he service station and working on a 12 ounce can at my desk. I had cut my intake in half. I am going to try to do better. I just need to fight these eating thoughts that are in my head as well. sigh
  • Drink water. I know how hard this is. I was 6 can a day diet coke girl with a multitude of coffee on top of that. Since I keep water in front of me it's gotten easier. I starting cutting back when I started pre-conditioning a two weeks ago, and now I don't even want it. You can do it!
  • I had been doing better, just a bad morning. I normally dring upwards of 200 ounces of diet coke/dr pepper a day. I drink that much no matter what I drink, I just need to switch it to water.
  • I was a Coke Zero/Diet Dr.Pepper ADDICT.. plus coffee.. It took me probably a good week to get rid of the headache's. I drink my water, but I still miss coke. I haven't had any since I started November 09. I do have an occasional Diet Rite. It's not the same, but it helps with the soda fizz...

You can do it. I keep a 32 oz bottle of water on my desk all day. I drink all of my water before I leave for the day. If it's in front of me I'll drink it. B12 helps too..
  • I've been keeping cold water close to me all the time and then I've mixed Crystal Light in at times to mix it up a little. I also went and got some of the Clear American water from WalMart to get a little of the sweet taste. It's been making it a little easier. I'm at 27 hours since I last had caffeine and I am hurting but I keep telling myself it's temporary and it will be worth it.
  • I like soda for the carbonation, so when I want something like that, I drink Pellegrino or a sparkling mineral water. Give it a try, the glass bottles of Pellegrino sell at costco and each one is 24 oz.
  • It's the caffeine and flavor for me. I like the fountain drinks best because they don't have as much carbonation.
  • are you taking the all day weight loss supplement?
  • I just added some lemon supplement to hot tea. Hmmm.....not sure, but I am cold!
  • Quote: are you taking the all day weight loss supplement?
    I only take the coq10 and efa