Beauty Tips And Tricks

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have heard alot of different discussions in other threads so Im opening this one.....

Lets hear your beauty questions, tricks, tips, and anything in between. It can be on anything from makeup, to hair, to clothing.....you ask and we will answer......
  • Ooh ok! Girl talk lol.

Water in the old mascara tube to get more use out of it…

Using a facial scrub (like St. Ives Apricot scrub) on my lips to make them really soft and look plumper…

I put baby oil in a little spray bottle and spray it all over myself as soon as I get out of the shower, then rub it in with lotion. It makes my skin SO soft!

I spray regular body spray or perfume in my hair when it’s wet (just a little) and also some on my hair brush. Heat styling really sets in the scent…my hair smelled awesome even after sweating my butt off dancing in a smoky club Saturday night….

Hair spray on the inside of my hat to prevent frizzies and static….

That’s all I can think of for now! I can’t wait to see everyone else’s!
  • OMG those are all awesome....Im gonna have to definently try the baby oil then lotion....Im deployed in Afghanistan right now, my skin gets so dry.......

Also, static electricity is crazy out here and I find my hair sticking up and sticking to my hands because of it....help???? Ive tried hairspray but with the dust and nastyness of this place by the end of my 12 hour shift my hair is gross looking.
  • I moisturize at night with coconut oil.

I run my hands through the ends of my hair after putting lotion on, to prevent static buildup.

I put rosemary essential oil on my hairbrush to make my hair smell good and to make it shiny.
  • I use extra virgin coconut oil on my face. I put it on lightly at night with a cotton ball and it cleans and moisturizes. It helps with acne and does not leave my face oily at all. After using it for a week I noticed a big change in how my face looked.
  • Quote: OMG those are all awesome....Im gonna have to definently try the baby oil then lotion....Im deployed in Afghanistan right now, my skin gets so dry........
    I've heard of rubbing your hair with dryer sheets, but have never tried it.
  • I will have to try that
  • Looks like coconut oil has more uses than healthy cooking!
  • These are my tips for having a wonderful complexion:

- clean with a lotion cleanser instead of a foaming cleanser. It doesn't dry out your skin.
    - use spf moisturizer every day
    - don't touch your face throughout the day
    - always change your hand and face towel every couple of days.
    - never share your towel with anyone else. Every person in our house has their own towel for wiping their face or hands.
    - change your pillow case every couple of days.
    - wash your pillow in the the washer and dryer. It has washing instructions on it, don't let it fester and yellow like an old WWII bandaid. You have no idea how much drool and bed mites are in there.
    - get gentle facials whenever you can afford them. I can only afford them twice a year but they still work wonders for me.
  • Whenever I'm feeling down or not hyped up enough to go out I simply spritz my hair with a coconut scented hair product. It instantly perks me up and reminds me of the smell of suntan lotion.
  • I shave with hair conditioner instead of shaving cream. I use the cheaper stuff (like Suave) and my skin is super soft! Especially works well in the bikini area.
  • I use the coconut oil on my feet then put socks over it to keep the moisture in. Who knows if the socks actually help, but it works for me.

I moved to CO about 7 months ago and my skin still has not adjusted to the dryer climate. Anyone have some advice on how to get my skin to be less dry and rough?
  • I live in CO and the winter is **** on my skin, even after living here for about 10 years. My hands crack, everything gets generally dry and unplesant. Best I can offer on that is lotion, lots and lots. It becomes a girls best friend when living here.
  • I was converted to the right bra size. I can't advertise here so just google are you wearing the right bra size or right bra size calculator. It makes a world of difference and good support makes your waistline look good.
  • Quote: I live in CO and the winter is **** on my skin, even after living here for about 10 years. My hands crack, everything gets generally dry and unplesant. Best I can offer on that is lotion, lots and lots. It becomes a girls best friend when living here.
    Do you have a specific brand. I have tried everything and Aveeno works on my face, but no where else.