If you need a little prodding: here's a good reason to stay away from HFCS!

• A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain

Wow! I have to say, the more I learn about what's going in our food, the more I read labels and try to make as much as I can from scratch, home grown and local foods, etc.... AND NO MORE SODA!!!!!
  • This is also a good example of how not all calories are created equal... which is something that I need to keep telling myself when I try to fit junk food into my daily calories.
  • My fiance and I are trying to cut out all foods that contain HFCS. It is really difficult, because just about everything has it.

Another reason to eat clean.
  • So do you think, since everyone wants to stop obesity, that they will begin to outlaw hfcs? I even noticed that stuff was in my tomato sauce but it's EVERYWHERE. *dies*
  • My husband said he noticed that products are starting to show up with High Maltose Corn Syrup. I guess HFCS has a bad name so they seemed to have tried switching up cheap sweetener to a slightly different form.
  • It is disturbing, how many frankenfoods are being cooked up in food labs these days..all in the name of profit...and even subsidised by you and me, with tax dollars.
  • I love that term - frankenfoods! Great!

Daimere - I gave up prepared pasta sauces altogether. Chop up some tomatoes, add in green peppers, mushrooms (whatever you like) and simmer in a pan. Much yummier, lower in calories and no additives!!

I hate those commercials on TV about HFCS being "just like sugar." It's not. I could go on forever about the way these things work, but for now I will just say thanks for posting the link!!
  • Oh, you've seen those commercials too?! The ones with man and woman eating popsicles on a picnic blanket? They make me sick!!

I try very hard to make everything from scratch. I'm not at all perfect about it, but hopefully better than I was before. I still have to try my hand at my own yogurt.