Things I hate AND love about my body (NOT weight related)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • We can all change our clothing size through diet and exercise, but some things you cannot change. . .

I hate the shape of my fingernails. They grow wider and wider after they get past the end of my finger, shaped like triangles. I can never wear artificial nails because they aren't shaped right. Therefore, I keep them cut short and no polish to draw less attention.

Also, I hate my ankle to calf ratio. I feel like my calf is ginormous and my ankle is miniscule. Actually, my calf is muscular and not totally unattractive, just that skinny little ankle down there makes it look horrible. So, I never wear skirts or capris in public, and if I wear shorts, I must have shoes and socks on to hide/bulk up my ankles.

But, I love my lips. They are not too full, not too skinny, and no matter how fat I get they stay the same.

Anyone else?
  • I dislike my hair a lot. I love the color, but it's naturally curly. It gets puffy unless I add some gel to it or spend an hour straightening it. I just wish I had naturally straight hair. I hate my frizzy, puffy, curly hair.

It may sound odd, but I like my eyebrows. People always ask me do I shape them. I don't do anything to them they're just natural. The shape of them is nice. I have naturally soft skin too. I don't add any lotion to it. It's always been soft. I have gotten compliments on my hands too.

I don't like the fact that I have somewhat of a noticable moustache (I'm a woman) and hair on my neck due to PCOS. I use tweezers for the hair on my neck, but I am too scared to wax or tweeze my moustache. It's getting bad.
  • i like it!!

i hate my giant man calves- no matter if i'm 99 lbs or 260 lbs - i have these giant muscular man calves! no cute high boots for me- even the "plus sized" ones don't work. and my feet- eew! so gross- like a hobbits.

i like my mouth- my lips are nice and my teeth are so straight ppl will ask me if i've had braces and i haven't. i even got the absolte best compliment of my life on my lips- some lady told me i had found my perfect shade of lipstick and i wasn't wearing any!

not sure how it'll look when i get to goal but pre-fat and current fat- i've got some great cleavage! always liked that! I hope i can keep it, but i'm not banking on it. lol
  • I like my eyes. So do makeup artists in department stores. They're the first thing I think of when I choose the color of my clothing.

I don't like my eyebrows. They're pale & sparse & require a bit of penciling, a very tricky operation, if they aren't to look like they're crayoned on by a five-year-old.

The proportion of my oval face & relatively long neck is good. The neck's starting to show my age a bit, though. But if I were on "America's Next Top Model," and Jay directed me to give him more neck, I could do it.

My nose is way too Polish for its own good. Like a Breughel peasant's. Long & rather pointy-tipped. (I know Brueghel wasn't Polish, but you get the idea.)

Below the waist, um, meh. I think I'm shaped like an old-fashioned, bottom-heavy skittle. With that elongated neck but a dumpy lower half. Child-bearing hips. Thighs still dimpled. Calves that gave me trouble with fitting riding boots, when I was a fairly slender young girl & out of doors being active a lot, and now still annoy me. And unattractive feet. With enlarged big-toe knuckles, which, in one aunt, my grandmother, and two cousins, became bunions. I don't quite have that -- at least not to the look of an extra toe emerging from the side of one's foot. But they're **** to buy shoes for. The podiatrist says he could operate & scrape them down. I hear the word "scrape" and I get chills. Scraping anything on the body is never good. Plus, I'd be out of commission for exercising, and after losing so much weight, I am afraid of what downtime would do. I fear I'd promptly reinflate like someone pulling a rip-cord on a lifejacket.
  • I like my eyes, I have complete strangers stop and compliment my eyes. I get "do you wear contacts" all the time, and yes I do, but they are not colored. My brother has the same eyes, too.

I like my nose, and I like that I am short.

I do not like my hair, it is so thin and fine. I do not like my pinkie toes, they are shaped funny. I do not like how pale I am, I wish tanning wasn't so bad for the skin. I don't like my (lack of) eyebrows.
  • oh i think this is great lets see
    i LOVE my eyes they are big and sparkly nicley shaped too ...
    i HATE my lack of butt because i know no matter how much weight i loose itll never get better in fact it will probably get soo much worse ...
  • I hate my ankles…well, my cankles. I have absolutely no definition between my calf and my ankle…it just all narrows down together to my feet. I kind of look like the generic white woman on the restroom door…the triangle leg. I also hate my upper arms, although they are getting better. Hate my nose…I broke it when I was very little and it was never “fixed” so I have a big knot in it.

Love my butt....round, smooth, perky, looks good in jeans. And I like my lips. Like my little feet.
  • This thread is hilarious!

I hate my stomach-where-a-waist-used-to-be. I hate my turkey thighs. I hate my big curly hair.

I like my eyes. I like my ankles. I like my curvy shape when I'm not overweight...at least from side to side, if not from front to back.

When I grow up, I wanna be like that gum commercial where the person goes from "nice gut" to "nice butt".

Barb
  • Quote: I hate the shape of my fingernails. They grow wider and wider after they get past the end of my finger, shaped like triangles. I can never wear artificial nails because they aren't shaped right. Therefore, I keep them cut short and no polish to draw less attention.
    Don't think you can't wear artificials with those nails, I did for almost TWO YEARS! The right nail tech should know how to work with any type of nail. Now, I shape them myself and even paint them (people actually ask where I get them done!). Don't let the natural shape discourage you.

I hate my feet, more specifically my little sausage toes. Blech. They're just so... gross. Even when I was smaller, I still had the same ugly feet.

I love my eyes though, and my hair. They're are blue green, but dark, and I have long eyelashes. So a mix of an emerald green and sapphire blue. I've had people ask me if I wear colored contacts and if I wear false eyelashes. I love making a smokey eye with purples to enhance my eye color. I always get compliments on my hair when I wear it down (right now it needs a cut so it's been up ). It's really smooth and when I style it I have model hair I can basically attain model hair. Woohoo!
  • I like my eyes. There the perfect blue color and I have really long eyelashes... I almost never need to wear mascara, and when I do they look fake.

I also have really good skin. I'm pale, which I used to hate... I don't mind so much anymore. But all through puberty I almost never had breakouts, and now they're even less common. My skin is really smooth and soft, and I never have to wear foundation or anything.

I don't like my fingers. This isn't entirely a weight thing, as everyone in my family has the same fingers. They're REALLY short and really fat. My ring size is a 9/10. I wear my great grandma's old wedding rings which fit perfectly and she was a normal healthy weight. In fact, my toes are the same way. Short and fat.

Oh and because my dad's italian, I got a little bit of that italian mustache, which I DO wax. I would die if I couldn't wax it!
  • I honestly don't have too many negatives. I hate my sinuses and my overly small eustacian tubes in my ears. I hate my peroneal tendon in my ankle. I hate the scar and resulting tummy skin sag issues that my surgeon gave me years ago.

I love my eyes (not the actual eye, they are okay a greenish color but more the overall shape of them), my hair (I have really thick curly hair that can straighten, curl be short or long), and the fact that my body is pear-shaped and builds muscle easily. (I think I look better in RL than in the picture to the left.)

I might have a longer list when I get to goal, but the things that bother me about my body that are weight related, I bet will change for the better.

Great thread - love focusing on those things we like!
  • Nice thread!

I like my eyebrows. I do get them waxed but don't get any shaping done - just get rid of the strays way below the actual shape of the brow. My natural shape is very nice, even if I may say so myself - the people at the salon always comment on what a lovely shape they are when I go for waxing lol

I love my wrists. I have wrists like Angeline Jolies when she is not too skinny. No matter how fat I get, my wrists seem to stay slim. When I loose a bit of weight my veins become defined above skin level and over the bones... I don't know why I like this - I guess I think it makes me look strong and skinny, even when I am not lol

I hate my thighs. They're far too big and covered in stretchmarks from previous weight gain and loss and gain again... No matter how much weight I loose I think I'll be unhappy with my thighs because they won't ever look toned - and they never tan either! They are so pale and pasty white. I hate my butt - It is also covered in stretchmarks, cellulite and the rest of it. It wouldn't be so bad if it had some shape to it but it is flat and flabby. My bum is probably the only part of me that I wish would get BIGGER. I hate my feet, too - size 8 and just totally unattractive. Urgh.
  • Hmm. I am a little vain about my blue eyes. I always wear blue shirts to pick up the color.

I love my legs. They are long and shapely, and now, quite slim. Even at 295 I never suffered from chub rub. I've always looked good in shorts.

I like my muscles. I've always been strong and can build up muscle easily.

Now, for the hates:

1. curly, bushy, unruly, tendency to frizz hair. It's okay short but I have a limited choice of styles.
    2. I don't like my BELLY. It seems like no matter how much I lose, and how much I work on my core, it still looks like I just gave birth 5 minutes ago.
    3. I'm not crazy about my long face-- and I'm super resentful that I'm getting middle-aged chin.
    `
  • I hate my nose, love my swan-like neck, delicate wrists and ankles and gorgeous lower back.

Oh. I also have perfect ears and I've never had a cavity!
  • I love my eyes. I'm pretty fond of my legs from about mid-thigh down. I'm also really enjoying my emerging collarbones

I dislike my upper-thighs and my tummy. I'm also not a fan of my ankles, since they are weak and often hurt