just been to the fair.......pts??

• Hi Ladies. This might be an easy question but......thought I would ask for some help anyway. I just purchased at our town fair a candy apple. Now I know an apple is 1pt for small, and 2 pts for large. What should I calculate for the red sugar candy coating? I wanted to know before I indulge or not. I don't think I can ruin my day for that, at least it was not a funnel cake or a blooming onion!!! thanks
  • I'm guessing 5-6 points for the candy coating, or 7-8 points for the entire apple. Sounds like a lot, but when you compare it to a piece of layer cake it's not so bad. Enjoy.
  • 1 caramel or candy apple medium in size is 270 cal/4 fat per the website above on Fair Foods.
  • thank you....
    Hi Kelly_S and Rupertsmom. Thankyou for replying so quickly. I haven't had a chance yet to take a bite, but will figure out how many pts given that there is 4 gr fat. I might just even treat myself to only half. 8 pts seem like alot for all of it. Thanks again.
  • If that candy apple is still in your house, you have better restraint than I... I'm curious as to what ya'll call a candy apple, based on Kelly's search. Here in these parts, a candy apple is a red candy-coated apple. The candy shell is made from corn syrup, sugar and food coloring. I've sometimes seen them with red hot candies added for spice. Anyways, this is a long-winded way of saying that a candy apple (at least the kind I've had) shouldn't have any fat in it. TONS of sugar, yes, but no fat. Just babbling at this point and attempting to further this discussion on one of my favorite fall treats.
  • thats it!!
    Hi Rupertsmom. Yes...incredible as it sounds....it is still in my fridge!!! You're describing the same kind as I bought, and its been years since I had one. I think tommorow I'll at least have a bite!!!
  • Such restraint...I am in awe.
  • ha ha ha
    Its still there!! I was so busy today I forgot about it!! Actually I only remembered when I read your post a minute ago. I'm gonna have to do something about that tommorow after my weighin.....fingers crossed now!!!