All You Can Eat Buffet NSV

• After a fun day at the park watching my son ride his new bike, my boyfriend decided to take us out for dinner. We all wanted to go to different places so we settled on the AYCE buffet. I was worried about this as in my former life I would eat until I felt like I got my money's worth. I would usually eat so much that I felt ill.

When we got there I helped my son get his plate and surveyed the selection while I walked around with him. It all looked okay but nothing jumped out at me as something I just had to have. After my son was situated I got a plate and went to the salad bar, skipping the macaroni/potato and dessert type salads and went straight for the really good stuff. They had a great selection of different lettuces and veggies. I told myself I'd just do my regular type salad of salad greens, some sort of protein and a lite dressing; after I filled up on salad I'd let myself get one serving of something that looked "worth it".

I ate my HUGE salad....drank my ice water, visited with my boyfriend and son...and realized when they went back for seconds that I was totally satisfied with what I had just eaten and that I didn't need anything else.

I was surprised and very relieved!!
  • THAT'S WONDERFUL!!

You did it!! Sizing up the food at the buffet and then deciding on your healthy choice is awesome. Kudo's!!!
  • good job!!
  • Buffets are STILL hard for me

What an AWESOME accomplishment!
  • Congrats!!! alot of it -is- indeed mental and once we have that under control, it becomes alot easier to be -satisfied- instead of overly full and almost ill. Good job!!!
  • That's wonderful! I hope I can gain that much willpower! That must have been a real challenge to skip the rest but you made a wonderful choice!
  • Good for you! That was great willpower! Nice way to see what is there before filling your plate!
  • Awesome!
  • Good for you! I haven't been to our favorite all you can eat Chinese buffet because I don't know if I'm strong enough yet.
  • Congrats! Sounds like a great NSV!