More excited about food

• Does anyone else get more excited about food now that they're eating healthy things, than when they were eating unhealthy things?

Example: I worked out a TON this morning, so I've been plotting protein for lunch. I marinated a chicken breast, sliced it up, threw it in a wok with some bell peppers. Topped it off with cheese and a little bit of guac(I don't generally do low-fat diets, I just count calories) and now, I'm sitting here with my plate, SUPER excited about what I'm going to eat.

I honestly don't remember being excited about food when I was at my highest weight...just feeling guilty about it.
  • Yes! Even now I am daydreaming about my wholegrain roll with hummus, maybe a little ham and cheese, with some salad and an apple before it was like, hungry! pie! damn ._.
  • Oh lord yes. That's definitely how I've become. I was super excited (like a little kid with a lunchable) about my lunch a few days ago. Low-fat cottage cheese, frozen grapes, carrots, and a whole grain sandwich with lean turkey. No one else at work understood my excitement for my lunch break.
  • I used to think about food a lot, but it was all crap and in the end it was never satisfying. Now I think about really good food, like the other night when I craved strawberries on my salad. I definitely feel better thinking about those foods, not to mention better eating them.