Have to share - I am stunned...

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I've been away from home 11 of the past 14 days. First I was out of town for my grandson's third birthday celebration. Then I went to Los Angeles to help my sister after her back surgery. My sister's friends brought over all lots of food, goodies, sweets, chinese food - so many temptations. There was also healthy stuff around, thankfully.

I weighed this morning (two weeks since my last weighin) and I have lost four pounds. I am jumping for joy. I am so, so grateful for the willingness to try to maintain some sanity with food while I was gone. I switched my plan to exchanges while I was gone along with allowing myself two - three hundred extra calories a day if I wanted to.

I had to share this very happy news and this accomplishment.

My weight ticker isn't working - but, my weight is now 220 - so, I am down fifty one pounds too.
  • Congrats! You really deserve it, keep it up! x
  • Great, Beverly !
  • Oh Beverly that is WONDERFUL!!! So incredibly marvelous. Just look how well you did under those challenging circumstances! You did it. You did it. YOU DID IT!!!

Sounds like a true lifestyle change to me. Which will take you to your goals and keep you there.
  • congrats!!! And what great proof that you have internalized all of the positive things and can do the right things even when outside your normal environment.
  • Very, very cool. Sorry you couldn't update your ticker though, that's one of my favorite things!
  • Whoa! You mean to tell me you had a four pound loss that put you OVER a major milestone of 50 pounds lost AND you were expecting a gain?! I don't know how you are containing yourself!

YOU'VE LOST 50+ POUNDS!!!

• Elaina - I wasn't expecting a gain or a loss, really. (hoping for a loss, of course!) I didn't know what it would be - having been out of town eleven days. Yes, I am jumping for joy!

Thanks everyone.
  • WOOHOO! Congrats Beverly That is awesome!!
  • Congratulations, Beverly! That is wonderful. Your diligence paid off!
  • Great for you! You are an inspiration to me!! HOOT!
  • Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you.

(And looking at your signature line, maybe it should now read, "I can definitely lose 5 pounds 10 times.")
  • Oh Beverly! That IS wonderful news!!! Good for you for staying on plan during a stressful time, and reaping the reward. Fifty-one pounds is a HUGE milestone.
  • Wow! I am so happy for you! 50lbs is a VERY BIG deal! I agree with Robin, I think you've made a permanent lifestyle change. I can't wait to watch you lose the next 50.
  • Congrats Beverly! That is a huge accomplishment to make under less than ideal circumstances!