Omg Omg Omg Omg!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Work has been crazy this week. Snow + full moon = really looney week for 911 dispatchers I haven't been posting my food or keeping up like I wanted to. That is my goal for this next week.

However...OMG! This was my first week of really eating healthy, whole, unprocessed food. I have had so many fruits and veggies I'm surprised I'm not a rainbow. I had to have my IUD taken out because of complications, which gave me a full blown, unexpected TOM in the middle of the week. I am retaining water like crazy.

That being said..

I have lost 7 freakin pounds this week!!!!!!!!

I have never lost that much weight in a week, had this much energy, or stayed this motivated!

I also had a really great food NSV. I've noticed in my mind that I don't think of food as pleasure anymore. I just think of it as a fuel source and when it comes time to plan my food I automatically think of it in macros vs taste. Yes, it all tastes good but I dont' think "omg I can make this and it's soo good, etc..". I think "hmm this is good with this for protien, this for fiber, how many veggies can I throw in this, where's my whole grains, etc.."

It's great and I really hope it all continues. I really think it has to do with my body just detoxing all the crap that's in it, and getting nothing but pure, whole, organic, unproccessed food - and a gallon of water a day.
  • congrats on the weight loss!!! keep up the good work
  • That is fantastic!

Exactly where so many of us want to be - thinking of food as nutrients and not emotions - and you've managed it! Bravo! As amazing as your 7 pound weight loss is, I think the NSV is the greatest victory =)

*claps and cheers*
  • Congrats on your weight loss! Maybe you'll have another big loss after TOM.
  • Woohoo! Congratulations!!
  • 7 lbs!That is a really great total for one week.
  • Congrats.

This is off topic, but how did you become a 911 dispatcher? Are there any rigid qualifications? It sounds like something I'd be interested in.
  • congrats, that's great! (and so healthy with all the whole foods, too!)
  • Good job !
  • Woo Hoo!! Wtg!!!
  • Way to go!
  • That way of thinking really did it for me too.... need vs. taste/want, that is.

Congrats on the amazing weight loss! The same thing happened for me like literally the week I started adding in all the fruits and veggies as well! It's such a shock to realize what you were doing wrong the whole time, isn't it?!
  • Yehah! Well done - long may it continue for you!!!

p.s Loved your post - you've a great style of expression.
  • Good for you!
    Keep it up!