Some NSVs this week

• I have been having a stressful week this week. I'm trying to design something for a commission and I've had a few problems: I feel under deadline pressure and I don't cope well with stress at all in winter. These situations tend to tempt me to emotional eating or drinking, but I've resisted and stayed on track, managing a weight loss this week. I'm pleased about that, but two other things have buoyed me up even more.

The first was that I can now fit into a UK size 16. I bought a pair of jeans untried on the offchance, because all my trousers were getting looser and I knew that if they didn't fit me now, they probably would in a few week's time. Apparently they fit me now.

The other NSV relates to fitness. My cardiovascular fitness has never been great, even when slimmer - I was always the kind of person who would be embarrassingly red-faced and puffing after running for a bus. Last year when I started dieting, I also started walking briskly for 45 minutes 5x a week. In midwinter I lost motivation to walk but got a Wii and used a combination of Wii Fit, My Fitness Coach and Just Dance, as I thought they would be better than doing nothing at all until the weather picked up. They must have helped, because I ventured out on a walk today, decided to do a bit of jogging and found I could run further than I've ever managed before. I was so pleased about that.
  • That is AWESOME! I couldn't even run when I was 208, except about 1/4 of a block. You must be VERY proud of yourself.
  • That is wonderful. Keep up the good work. I love NSV progress!! Happy Dance Time.

Whatever your tune, lets dance!!
  • Wonderful! I always like NSVs, just goes to show the scale does not really know everything.