2/24 DAY 1 - who wants to join?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm starting P1 today - anyone wana join?? I love having buddies to support and have a friendly competition with

I currently weigh about 155-lbs but I wana return to my normal/ideal weight of 125-lbs. However, for myself, I will allow one green smoothie a day (spinach + 1-cup fruit blended) so I dont drive myself crazy but craving carbs.

Good luck to whoever joins!

And if anyone has twitter, add me - mindNb0dy
  • mindNb0dy

I'm happily plugging away in phase 2 but there's lots of support and encouragement here no matter what phase. Come post in the daily chat thread and get to know us!
  • We're happy to have you joining us here on The Beach, but if you are planning to do a "clean" Phase 1, fruit is not allowed. The sugars in the fruit may set off cravings, which Phase 1 is designed to eliminate.

We have several Beachers here who are currently following Phase 1, and I'm sure they'll be happy to have you joining them, too.
  • Echoing Cottage re: the fruit. The whole purpose of Phase 1 is to eliminate all carbs and fruit so your body can reset itself. If you include fruit the process will not take place. Sadly, going through the withdrawal is necessary to come out the other side.
  • Nice to meet you. I will add you on twitter but admit that I hardly tweet. I really don't get that phenomenon. Now facebook I love!
  • Welcome Mind! This is a great place to find support, recipe ideas, and accountability.

Karen- you're on facebook??
  • Welcome mind! I have to agree with the rest about not having fruit, but of course you have to do what works for you. I would suggest you give it a try. The 2 weeks go by really fast and it's so worth the rewards!

I agree with Karen.... I do facebook but never really "got" twitter. I have twitter but I don't even remember how to get into it.
  • Welcome Mind! Another echo -- it's only 2 weeks without fruit! I know you can do it!!!

Ok, we all need to start a facebook threat. I am friends with only three of you chicks on FB!
  • Welcome to the Beach! I have really enjoyed this woe!

Tammie
    I have facebook too.
  • mindNb0dy- how funny that I tweeted today that I was stressed then tried to add you on twitter and they said "Twitter is stressing out a bit right now, so this feature is temporarily disabled." Twitter and I are both stressed

So I may space this off, if you want to follow me, but I am boring, my name on there is MeWaistingTime.

Cyndi - Yes! The real me. Photos and all.

Jenn -Do it!
  • I started SBD on Monday, and would love to chat with you about it! We are only a couple days apart. Not having fruit has been hard, especially since it is still in the house for the kids but I have been doing great by making snacks and storing them in the fridge. If I think I am going to go for a piece of fruit I eat a snack instead. Works great so far!
  • wow, feels great to have so much support overnight!

so i hear a bunch of you saying the point of P1 is to eliminate cravings, no fruits, etc... and im already convinced heh heh. however, my one thing is that ive recovered from an eating disorder (bulimia) so im afraid i might binge if i have a craving. i will try to stick to a solid P1 w/o carbs, but if i have an irresistable long craving, ill allow myself a 1/2-c of fruits. i'd rather do that than binge & give up completely.

mizzmoe01 - yeah, lets do this together & keep each other posted here. just 2 wks for BIG results
  • Sounds good!
    I stocked up on laughing cow cheeses.... spread it on some lettuce with a piece of lunch meat and wrap... my favorite snack so far!

Check out the Phase one breakfast recipes... they look amazing!

My idea is to get pumped about all the different things to cook n try... and hopefully I won't focus on what I am NOT eating since I am trying so many new things.

If you are on facebook add me! I posted my name on the facebook thread.
  • Ooh, I definitely need to checkout the breakfast ideas! Especially since south beach was a spur of the moment decision, I didnt have time/money to go grocery shopping. But it went well today, surprisingly easier to follow than the last time I tried it and no cravings

How did today go for you?

I actually de-activated my facebook a month ago... but i'll prob re-activate later & will add you when I do!
  • So far so good! I made some PB muffins earlier (made with ground Almonds and ground Flaxseed) that are really good. Snacking is turning into my trouble area, so I am trying to put together things that are easy to snack on when I get tempted!