First WI since officially starting the program

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am going in for my first WI today since officially starting the program on Saturday. I am really nervous!!! I did really good over the weekend, with it being Valentine's day and all. The only thing I went OP for was to have a couple of drinks with my hubby to celebrate while we were out. I had 2 low carb beers. Do you all think that will affect me that much? I drank extra water afterwards, hoping that might help
  • I don't know about the beer - but thats going to be so hard for me since I am used to my margaritas!

Good luck on your WI today, I'm sure you'll do great! Keep us updated
  • I'm not a big drinker, but I do like to have a beer or two on the weekends. So far, it hasn't been too hard, and I probably could have passed it up this weekend, but it was a special occasion....and I tried to be smart about what I chose...so we will see

I will let you know how it goes! Thanks!
  • it might not effect your number on the scale much, but what they say about drinking is that it can take up to 7 days to get your body back into ketosis, fat-burning mode.
  • yeah....they have told me the same thing. hopefully not...but i will just have to work out harder and drink extra water for the next few days thanks for the advise
  • SOOO....I just got back from my WI, and I lost 3 lbs!!!!!! Yea, I am so excited!!! I was so nervous
  • Quote: SOOO....I just got back from my WI, and I lost 3 lbs!!!!!! Yea, I am so excited!!! I was so nervous
    Yay! Great job!!
  • Quote: SOOO....I just got back from my WI, and I lost 3 lbs!!!!!! Yea, I am so excited!!! I was so nervous
    Congrats.. That's great!!!
    Congrats!! I can totally understand the nervous part, every time I go to weigh in I fret about what I ate that week and if it was the best choice. But, you just have to take it week by week! If you are going to the Bentonville center, I may see you there!
  • Great job! That must feel awesome!
  • Congrats.!!
  • I drank beer this weekend for the first time since starting OP (actually it was the first time I went OP at all) and I haven't lost any weight this week.
  • thank you everybody!! it is a great feeling! i am loving this program. i feel like i have finally found a program i like and that i can stick to we can all do this!!
  • Quote: I drank beer this weekend for the first time since starting OP (actually it was the first time I went OP at all) and I haven't lost any weight this week.
    this weekend was the first time i have drank beer in a while too....i was shocked i lost, especially 3 lbs. keep your head up....don't let it get you down. we are all going to have off weeks....and i know that is when its easiest to throw in the towel....but with all the support on this forum.....we can all do it together!!!
  • Oh, I'm not upset at all - I knew this was a possibility if I did allow myself to drink! It was the first time I ever did anything that wasn't OP.