Hi

• Hi, my names Kandi (horrible, big girl named Kandi, my parents shoulda named me Apple lol)

So a little bit about me. I am 26, I have 3 beautiful children. (3's plenty) End of July 09, I weighed my highest 260. I have never been thin ever. But I am turning 27 in a month, and I want to finally lose this weight. I want to be proud of myself. Currently I am 197 (YAY below 200) at 5'3 my goal weight is 135. After 3 kids, I don't know if I can go much lower than that. But that is a start. I stay at home, so I have plenty of time to work on my weight problem. My DH is very supportive. But I don't think he has weighed 1 pound more than he should.

P.S- I have noticed some peoples comments and at the bottom of them they have a scrowl that goes across (different designs) with there S/C/G weights. If anyone knows where or how you get them. Please let me know. It seems like a really nice thing to have. Thanks
  • Hi Kandi,
    Welcome! I am new to this board to but am glad to see someone else
    on this late at night. Congratulations on going below 200. I can't wait to
    get there!! What plan are you currently on if you don't mind my asking?
  • Thanks. Honestly its just one that works for me. I LOVE LOVE pop. It was horrible how much I would drink. NO water, no milk. Just pop. So if I have a pop, I only have 1. I drink water all day, I like it out of a plastic bottle, so I have a pitcher in the fridge. I refill that bottle all day, until I finish that pitcher. I am not kidding, water fills you up.

I cut down my calories to 1200 max. My snacks are just different kinds of Yoplait-fat free yogurt, really yummy. Some people have a free for all day, once a week. I CAN NOT DO THAT. If I have a free for all day, then the next day will be a free for all. Then my diet is gone. I do not have a body that will let me eat what I want. When I get to 135, I won't be able to change my eating habits. I might add a few calories. To maintain it, but junk food is out.

Excercise has been hard right now. My DH works 12 hours a day. My youngest was born 12 week early, he is still on o2. With the weather I can not take him out. But I know if I want to make my goal now, I will have to add some physical activity. It is a must. So starting tomorrow 3 days a week, I am gonna do 20 mins of aerobics. Just to start. Just stick with it, it gets hard, I have been on diets since I was 13. Im ready now, and I know this time will work. Sorry so long. And Good Luck!
  • Hi Kandi,

I'm new here as well and just love all the motivation and support. It's looks like you've already made a great start. Welcome to One-derland! I like the smiley-face tickers too. You have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts to be allowed to add one to your signature. Good luck on your journey.
  • Hey Kandi. Congrats on your weight loss so far.

That was a funny comment about your name. I went to school with a very heavy girl who had the last name of "Large". Poor thing. She went through life being tortured because of her weight and a terrible last name to go along with it. The best part of the story is at out last class reunion she came back very slim and trim and looking like a million bucks. Also engaged, to finally rid herself of the past... lol

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just wanted to say welcome.