2nd Mini Goal Met - Under 300

• I am so excited to say I am finally free of the 300's. When I weighed this morning and saw 299 I just wanted to run through my house screaming. I have not been under 300 in about 5 years. When I got pregnant with my youngest 3 1/2 years ago I was around 310 and ballooned up to my starting weight of 353 the day I delivered him. In the months after his birth I had got back down to a low of 307 but then over the next 2 1/2 years I got back to the weight I was at his delivery. I was mortified. To date I have lost 53.5 pounds and it hasn't been easy but it has been so rewarding. I feel happier and I am starting to enjoy my life again. I am so thankful for finding this board to use as a great resource especially when I am feeling down about how slow the scale moves. The scale has been moving slower since I hit 40 lbs lost but I know it's the healthy way to do things and I am OK with that. If I could just get motivated to let my hubby take some pics I will post. Now I just need to keep working on my 3rd Mini goal. I am part of a challenge that by summer I will be down to 261 so I have my work cut out for me, but I am ready!
  • WOW what an amazing accomplishment you have made for yourself! that's wonderful! keep up the great work!!
  • I am so happy for you! That's my own personal (first) goal!!! I'm celebrating with you and thinking ahead to my own celebration!
  • A new century on the scale! That is wonderful news!
    Enjoy those beautiful children-
    Judy
  • Quote: I am so happy for you! That's my own personal (first) goal!!! I'm celebrating with you and thinking ahead to my own celebration!
    Thank you! It really is a great feeling. Can't wait to celebrate with you when you meet your goal too!
  • That's wonderful news! And I don't consider that a mini-goal at all - thats MAJOR!
  • Thanks for sharing & CONGRATULATIONS! You are an inspiration
  • Quote: Thanks for sharing & CONGRATULATIONS! You are an inspiration
    I think you are the inspiration! Look at how much you have lost, that is great!

I see from your ticker you use Leslie Sansone. How do you like her? I just bought a dvd a few days ago but haven't tried it yet. I was looking for something for those days when I don't want to do the elliptical and can't get outside to walk because of the weather.
  • Yea for you! Congratulations!
  • Quote: I think you are the inspiration! Look at how much you have lost, that is great!

I see from your ticker you use Leslie Sansone. How do you like her? I just bought a dvd a few days ago but haven't tried it yet. I was looking for something for those days when I don't want to do the elliptical and can't get outside to walk because of the weather.

Thanks! I am kind of obsessed with the Leslie dvds, I have to admit. I have never tried an elliptical, but would like to one day. I have many of Leslie's dvds that I switch around each week.

Keep up the good work!