Hi I am new

• I have been lurking and decided to join. I still have a little more then 40 pounds to lose. I have calculated that I need 1539 calories a day to maintain 125 pounds, so that is what I do and I add exercise to help out. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to 125 pounds but that isn't as important as lifestyle change. It's the only way for me to stick with an eating plan, that way I am not dieting and my tummy will get a chance to adjust. it's nice to have someone to talk to about it.
  • Welcome to the board! Good luck on your journey.
  • Thanks, you too
  • Welcome! I am new here too. Like so many others I have dieted on and off my entire adult life. This time I want to make a lifestyle change that is permanent. I am so glad to find these forums for motivation and support.

Good luck to you!

• Welcome!
  • I read here often, everyone is very inspiring and motivating. I've learned a lot. Best of luck to you.
  • welcome!...talking here really does help!

p.s. setting up mini-goals is really helping me! i'd suggest it to anyone!
  • Welcome!
  • Thankyou everyone. Yesterday was a disaster. I ended up eating way more then i should have. I started out hungry and it went downhill from that point. Nothing seemed to satisfy my appetite. i ended up eating two Crisp Bean Burrito's and an order of Maxi Fries. I tried all the tricks, drinking water, distracting myself, nothing helped. So I guess I will have to look at foods that fill me up better, and maybe more vegetables. I know I can't repeat yesterday or I'll gain it all back. Thank goodness we get a chance to try something new when something doesn't seem to work for us. I do know that getting this weight off is really important for my health. Hopefully today won't be a repeat
  • Some days I feeling like I am starving all day. I just eat small snacks all day. And then the next day I have to force myself to eat. I may be the only one with a weird system that works that way!
    I try not to freak out about day to day stuff. I save it all up for Monday mornings and average out my totals.
  • I meant to say that when I'm hungry all day I eat. I am just super mindful of what I put in my mouth and as always I write everything in the journal.
  • Hi there, welcome! I hope today was a better day than yesterday for you. Kudso to you for putting your "bad" day behind you and trying to make today a better one!