I walked and walked again!

• I had an hour to kill between work and picking up the dog from the groomer. So I decided to walk. The neighborhood of the school is very hilly so it was quite a workout. I got home feeling really good...and COLD. It's 25 degrees but the wind chill is wicked!

When I got home, my children were begging to go for a walk! I forgot that I promised them we'd go when I got home. So out we went again. I'm freezing! But I'm also feeling pretty good.
  • Good for you! I have a hard time convincing myself to walk when it's so darn cold - thank God for the nice, warm YMCA!
  • Congrats on the walking, I'm sorry you are cold. I know that Arkansas probably sounds tropical to some of you chicks who are in truly cold places, but I am from Florida, so for me it is COLD! I feel you on the being cold after outdoor walks. My hubby (from NY) taught me to strip asap after getting back in the house, followed shortly there after by putting different clothes on. It really helps me warm up faster.
  • Quote: My hubby (from NY) taught me to strip asap after getting back in the house, followed shortly there after by putting different clothes on. It really helps me warm up faster.
    'Tis true. I stripped and put on flannel pants, a sweatshirt and fuzzy socks. I curled up on the couch under two blankets, had the heat of my dog in my lap, and I'm STILL very cold at the moment! I may have to hit the hot tub later to really warm up. I feel so blessed to have it!
  • You are doing great Eliana !
  • You go girl!!!!
  • Quote: I may have to hit the hot tub later to really warm up. I feel so blessed to have it!
    MMMM! I'm jealous. I currently don't even have a usable bath tub, showers only for me.
  • Quote: MMMM! I'm jealous. I currently don't even have a usable bath tub, showers only for me.
    It's new to me. It came with the house we bought in October. I really and truly do feel blessed. I use the heck out of that thing! My favorite hot tub nights are when it is below 25 degrees. There's just something about being outside in my bathing suit IN WATER when it's that cold. It's amazing.
  • Great job! I think that's awesome your kids are pumped about walking as well. More kids needs to be active!!