Yoga on rest day?

• I'm the kind of person who can't have a rest day... It'll throw me off track and make me want every day to be a rest day. Yay procrastination!

So I was wondering... On my rest days, can I do Yoga? Or do I really need a day where I do nothing? Will Yoga alone allow my body to rest enough?
  • I think doing some gentle yoga would be fine on a rest day. Something like Hatha yoga. A good stretch is nice on a rest day.
  • I've been doing yoga on my rest days. I say go for it.
  • I don't have rest days. I have cross-training days, so I'm not always working the same muscles or doing the same thing, but not rest days. I exercise daily, have for YEARS, even at my highest weights, and it's never hurt me one bit to do so.
  • It's a fine idea
  • I couldn't do rest days either. I usually just did the same ol', same old. I know this time around I may incorporate some yoga or a blend of yoga and some other exercise that I don't normally do on the other days.
  • I'm doing P90x which has a rest day built in. I didn't like that, so that is why I added yoga on the 'rest day'.
  • haha i was debating doing yoga tonight, because i jumped on a spinning bike for the first time last night and I AM SORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but this post must be fated for me to read. hatha yoga it is!
  • I would say YESYESYES, but choose your type carefully. I've collected a lage number of yoga instructional videos over the years for use at home - if it's my rest day, and I want to move, I go for a slower walk to a location I want to see, not just our usual 30 minute 1.8 mile spree around the neighborhood, and if I want to do yoga at home, I make sure it's really slow and gentle, not, say, a Steve Ross-style asswhooping. I have several Ashtanga series, I don't recommend them. Rodney Yee has some really nice basic yoga routines I'll breeze through on a rest day. Plus his voice is sooooooooooo relaxing.
  • i am the same and like you if i dont excercise one day i wont want to the next day either. i tend to do the yoga stretches on my wii fit or the balance games.