What's the first thing you noticed about your mate?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Was it the hair, looks, brain, the way he/she spoke, etc.
  • Well, the first time I saw my now-wife, she was naked Our dorm showers had shower curtains that were not nearly wide enough to cover the entryways, and it was the first day of college. So I noticed that she was naked and pretty much immediately looked away.
  • You lie Amanda, u know u snuck a peek! lol, j/k.
  • His eyes and smile. However, several week after we met, during a romantic moment I told him, "the first thing I noticed about you were your beautiful blue eyes" He looked and me and said "sweetie, my eyes are........ green" and low and behold they were green....oops!
  • We met on the phone (hubby answered a personal ad I'd placed that appeared in our local newspaper and on the newspaper's personals website), so I only had his voice for about a week before we met in person.

He had a great laugh.

When we finally met in person, the first thing I saw was his back (he was sitting at the restaurant bar), and his viking-red ponytail trailing down the center of his back, falling almost to his belt. I'd never been all that attracted to long hair on men, but it suited him. He had this biker-viking vibe in appearance that was totally not the gentleman-philosopher I knew on the phone (and it's funny because he's never owned a motorcycle, and has no scandanavian ancestry).
  • His confidence, and humor. He is a stand up comedian, so we joked all night. And his adorable looks are just a plus!
  • When I first met my hubby, we were in the 8th grade. I noticed his sweet puppy dog eyes, and CUTE smile. But then he ruined it by being mean to me, LOL!!
  • he was sitting on a car hood - the first thing i noticed was that he was reading a book and had huge dorky glasses- but was totally adorable.
  • His broad shoulders. He was wearing a bomber jacket, when we got into a building that was warm, he took it off. Oh boy, I was.... LOL Still to this day, when I see him in a nice shirt.
  • I noticed that he was HOT! He walked in the side door of my friend's house (he's her cousin) and I HAD to know who he was... He just had this sexy confidence about him.
  • Quote: Well, the first time I saw my now-wife, she was naked Our dorm..........
    Now aren't you glad mom and dad put you in an all Girls Dorm so you would behave?.....
  • She had a nice shape from behind...still does 15 years later....oh yeah!!
  • His height He's 6'5" and kinda stands above most - especially in a cowboy hat and boots. I was a waitress at a country bar, and he ended up being one of my best customers.

He's the first guy I'd dated that was taller than me.
  • Well he had just gotten off of work and was not expecting me and mutual friend just dropping in on him. He was filthy and quite dorky looking, HUGE glasses. Met up with him later that night for some drinks with the gang and he cleaned up reeeal nice! and wore contacts to show off his great eyes.
  • We met on the internet and the first time I saw him coming up the walkway to see me. All I could think was "What a Sexy Walk!!!" He has a great build also.