Haiti

• Just horrendous and overwhelming.

No words, really.

The Red Cross is accepting donations via text message: Text HAITI to 90999 and $10 donation will be added to your cell phone bill. Got this info from the White House website.
  • I'm so horrified and saddened by this

I was also saddened to learn that the UN there had devastating losses as well. It's just awful.

Thanks for the donation info. I will be sure to do that.
  • Yes, truly devastating.

Doctors without borders is helping treat the injured as well, they are an excellent group:
    http://doctorswithoutborders.org/

I also have given to CARE for a long time and they are also in the process of helping Haiti
    http://www.care.org
  • An unthinkable tragedy ...

Thank you for info midwife...
  • I sent money to Oxfam America (4 star rated charity on Charity Navigator). They were already working there before the quake, so they're already in place. It's such a heartbreaking and horrific situation. And one that is very close to my heart living in major quake country myself.

Those poor, poor people. As if the constant barrage of hurricanes, political unrest, and poverty on an unimaginable scale weren't "enough"...
  • It is just terrible. My parents have friends there doing missionary work, they have been living there for years - no one has been able to reach them so we don't know if they survived the quake.
  • , Shannon.
  • my cousin is over there. my aunt received a message from him saying that they were right next to this building that collapsed and they ran like 1/2 a mile because they were so freaked out and didnt know what was going on and thought there was a tsunami. it sounds like it was very confusing and terrifying for him but he is safe and they are trying to get a message to him right now on where to meet up with a plane that is waiting to take him and his classmates home.

so sorry that others werent so lucky =0(
  • I'm glad your cousin is okay, Kat.
  • I can't even read the news about it, its just so bad. We have quite a few Haitians in our area and I believe a couple of our neighbors are from there. I can only imagine how they feel if I feel as bad as I do.
  • Thoughts and prayers going to Haiti right now. As an increasingly global world, we really have to pull together to help all involved. Thanks for posting the info. It makes me thankful today for all the things I usually complain about.
  • I donated..but I wish I could give more. My hubby wants go over there and help. But we haven't heard anything about it yet..