Wonderslim?

You're on Page 4 of 41
Go to
  • Byebye - do you know what the name of the dish is? I searched chicken fajitas on the taste of home website but just came up with it made in the skillet? Thanks!
  • Quote: Hi there.

I love this forum. I have been reading a lot of it over the past couple of days. It is so nice to have someone to talk to that is going through the same thing as me. Losing this weight has to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I have lost over 70 lbs so far. I ordered the Wonderslim 4 week starter kit and I expect it to arrive by the end of this week. I am really excited to try it. My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit and the past couple of months it hasn't been moving much at all. I thought this would help kick start me and get the weight loss going again.

I use to be very small but over the years let myself get to 310 lbs. I now weigh 238 and I would like to reach 135. I love how you all support each other. Losing weight is a long road and we can allways use as much support as we can get.

I hope to get familliar with you all and start to support you all as well.

Well I think I have put you all to sleep by now. lol So I will stop typing now. lol
    What did you do to lose 70lbs? That is a big start
  • Quote: TNBaby i have a kenmore elite blender..it was my x-mas present last year from hubby! But it has different speeds...i just kind of keep blending and mixing it up until i don't hear ice chunks anymore because i don't like ice in my drinks. Margie hopefully yours will be here soon! Can't wait to hear your progress!
    Last night i made an AWESOME dinner (if i do say so myself ) I found it on the taste of home website. Its basically chicken fajitas but you put the chicken, onions, bell peppers and a can of diced tomatoes and chopped green chillies into a baking dish, then mix up some canola oil, chili powder, cumin and salt and drizzle over the chicken mix, toss to coat, goes into the oven @ 400 for 20-25 min. So freakin yummy! All the kids loved it too! i normally do fajitas on the stove but this was so much easier, i'm keeping it this way. Normally i put all the fixins cheese, sour cream etc. on mine, but i didn't last night, and i ate it with half of a whole wheat low carb tortilla shell...and it was amazing!
    TNBaby i actually don't have a food scale, i'd like to get one but its just not in the budget at the moment.
    On a different note...i cheated and weighed myself early and i'm down 4 lbs!!! Yay me!!
    Congrats on the 4lbs and the fajitas sound delicious.
  • TNBaby for the life of me i tried finding the recipe on taste of home and couldn't. I keep getting distracted by other recipes. I just found a recipe for apple chicken quesadillas that sounds super yummy. i can write it down on here if you'd like. And if i find it on there i'll let ya know how i found it.
  • Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe

6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
    Ingredients
    1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
    1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
    1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
    1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
    Directions
    In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
    Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
    Nutritional Analysis: Two fajitas equals 340 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/B...hicken-Fajitas is the link to the recipe. I did a few things different..but just personal preference things..like minced garlic..i have to have it in everything
  • You're awesome!! Thanks - making them today. DH is at work and SIL is coming over!!
  • Here's one for you - my sister swears by this recipe and says her family loves it too. She has made it a ton. I haven't made it yet, but I take her word for it.

Green Bean Bundles
    2 cans whole no-salt green beans
    1 pkg turkey bacon strips
    1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar
    olive oil
    salt substitute
    pepper
    garlic powder

Wrap about 7 green beans in a half piece of bacon. Place bundles side by side in a 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (May refrigerate overnight at this point to speed prep next day). Make a glaze of Splenda BS and a little olive oil in saucepan on stove (careful it burns). Pour over beans. Bake 40 minutes at 375.
  • Hi there! I ordered a 2 week package from Medifast and got my order yesterday. I've already determined that I can't drink the shakes (yuck!), but everything else is OK (soup, pudding, oatmeal, bars). I'm thinking of supplementing with Wonderslim since I see others have mixed and matched the two programs, and Wonderslim seems to have more variety (pasta!). I am thinking of just ordering a few individual meals to see how it goes. Today is first full day and I won't lie - I'm pretty hungry.
  • Hi everyone.

Thanks for the list of goodies TNBabyRN. I went shopping today and picked up some of it so I would be ready to start when I pick up the order on Monday.

Sory to here you didn't like the shakes montanawildhack...I guess everyone has different tastes. I am starting on Monday and can't wait to see how it goes. I hope it works well for you.

Well I hope everyone is having a great day.
  • I just cut out the junk food. Starting drinking lots of water and joined a gym.

I started 14 months ago.
  • sorry guys. That post was in response to mollymai's question about what I did to lose the weight so far.

• Day 6 today and still trucking! Had a bad day yesterday emotionally but i didn't break down and eat junk! I did make a few things that i don't like however. The shakes can be made into either shakes or puddings....i'd stick to shakes. I made a chocolate one into pudding and the texture really got to me! I had to throw it away. Then i made the cheesecake earlier in the day and let it set in the fridge until last night, and i could only eat about half. It was ok...but i've never been a big cheesecake person..so its more personal preference than anything else. Weigh in is tomorrow and i'm excited to see if i've lost more. I have done zero exercise this week due to the pneumonia and still having some crap in my lungs, so i can't wait for my results when i can start exercising too!
  • I noticed on the WS Diet plan faqs that it states, " as soon as you place your order, you'll be assigned a coach that you can contact to assist you with any questions or support that you need".

Have any of you talked to your coach yet to receive any help on any questions you may have?
  • I don't know about the coach thing mollymai. I am picking up my order at the post office in the morning. I will let you all know any info I get about that. I can't wait to start on it. I am starting tomorrow.

Yippie!!

Hope you are feeling better byebyebelly.
  • byebyebelly, I can't wait to see how much you lost. When I was on medifast I had to get used to some of the foods. Whem I made the puddings and shakes I added the sugar free coffee syrup which made it taste better. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't wait to have it because my tongue palate was use to it after a while.

MargiMacD, You did good by losing the 70lbs. Please let me know about the coach, just wondering about that. I will be ordering my foods this coming weekend.

TNBabyRN, how's it going so far?

montanawildhack, keep us posted on what you decide.