What are the calories for a fajita?

• We want to go to Rancho Grande for dinner but can't find any nutritional information! I hate that. It figures half a fajita should be ok???
  • It depends. What is half a fajita? For me, half a fajita would be about 1/6 a restaurant portion served at a restaurant near me. You can try and dissect what is in the food you will be served and then use a calorie calculator (book, online) and add up all the parts. Keep in mind, though, that restaurant food is frequently vastly different than what you expect for calories because of preparation (oil added, etc).

A somewhat safer option may be to see if the place you're going has a salad you can order (no cheese, no chips, no dressing or dressing on the side). Then you can go and enjoy yourself without being overly worried about the calories that may be in the dish. Just my 2 cents.
  • Well, it was either Mexican or a Chinese buffet. I figure I was way better off with Mexican. LOL! We went out with friends.

I ordered the fajita and shared with my two children. I gave them mostly meat because they don't like the onion and green pepper. I skipped the tortilla and only nibbled on the rice and beans. I ate just a few tortilla chips and retrospect should have counted them out ahead of time rather than grabbing one every five minutes or so. I didn't eat many, but I probably ate more than I meant to.

In any case, I weighed myself this morning expecting at least a water weight gain. But no...I lost .4 pounds. So I can put last night's Mexican behind me.