Thankfully the MASSIVE amount of food that I ate added up like this

10 baby carrots: 40 calories
    1/4 medium red pepper: 25 calories
    1 cup snap peas: 40 calories
    10 cucumber slices: 10 calories
    2 hard boiled eggs: 160 calories
    1 medium whole wheat pita: 160 calories
    3 T roast red pepper hummus: 90 calories

525 calories OMG so full. So filling. The best kinds of dinners!!! And for the record I was all preplanned the night before

so what did YOU eat?
  • filling foods!

I'm currently stuck in a hotel without transportation (was dropped off) so my dinner consisted of a pack of peanuts from the vending machine! Can you guess how many calories they were? 420!!! So many calories for such a little bit of food (but the protein should hold me off till I eat some complimentary breakfast in the morning).
  • I ate a pack of cashews over the holidays that had like 500 calories in it! I feel your pain!!!!
  • I was thinking today that I eat some weird meals that probably wouldn't fly if I had a family who needed to eat too...

Tonight I SO didn't feel like cooking. I ate a bowl of 1% cottage cheese, a cup of tomato soup, and a huge bunch of broccolini. and even that I ate kind of spaced out. Cottage cheese. Still hungry. Tomato soup. Still hungry. Broccolini. I could eat more, but I don't feel like making anything else.

But I still think my weird dinner might beat peanuts!
  • Um...we got pizza...BUT I looked up the calories and got the lowest calorie pizza I could..Ive wanted pizza for about 3 days, so I figure Ill just give in, in a healthy way...so I got gourmet garlic chicken on cracker thin crust... 170 calories for 1/10 th of the pizza, and its a large...I figure, I could have done worse!!!
  • Quote: filling foods!

I'm currently stuck in a hotel without transportation (was dropped off) so my dinner consisted of a pack of peanuts from the vending machine! Can you guess how many calories they were? 420!!! So many calories for such a little bit of food (but the protein should hold me off till I eat some complimentary breakfast in the morning).
    oh no! I really feel for you. I HATE that when I'm travelling and I get stuck with high calorie low density foods. Hang in there.
  • Quote: I was thinking today that I eat some weird meals that probably wouldn't fly if I had a family who needed to eat too...

Tonight I SO didn't feel like cooking. I ate a bowl of 1% cottage cheese, a cup of tomato soup, and a huge bunch of broccolini. and even that I ate kind of spaced out. Cottage cheese. Still hungry. Tomato soup. Still hungry. Broccolini. I could eat more, but I don't feel like making anything else.

But I still think my weird dinner might beat peanuts!
    cottage cheese, tomato soup and broccolini sounds right up my alley.

Today, I ate roasted beets and cauliflower. Very filling. I feel like I swallowed a basketball.
  • LOL! I was worried for a minute cfmama and then was pleased to see your post!

Tonight was "grab bag" night. I plan one night of the week to eat leftovers or other food that we bought but haven't eaten yet. I had a bowl of veggie soup and leftover grilled chicken tenders. Not exactly gourmet, but it gave me time to get an extra long workout session in.
  • I did pretty well tonight...

6 oz whole grain spaghetti (Ezekiel);
    1c spaghetti sauce (homemade, and I'm pretty careful);
    large green salad with minimal dressing (I don't really like dressing).

Spaghetti combo was @480 calories...it felt positively sinful to eat pasta of any kind. Total calorie intake today was @ 1600 - right on target. Feeling very full indeed. Have a class to teach in about 10 minutes, and then at home I'll do a short workout afterward.
  • I am also sooooo full after eating a roasted garlic chicken and creamy spinach Lean Cuisine. 180 calories, 20gr. protein, and 8 carb.
    My DH was out tonight and I only eat Lean Cuisine when I am only cooking for me and too lazy to do much. My boys wanted waffles and eggs so it was a -once in awhile- of no cooking for me tonight.
  • Quote: LOL! I was worried for a minute cfmama and then was pleased to see your post!
    Honestly... and this sounds bad. But I so rarely vear off plan (Christmas was LITERALLY only the second time!!!) that you probably don't have to worry about that with me lolz!!!
  • It was soccer practice night so I whipped up a pot of ww chili. Yum-o!
    So filling and only four points per cup. That and a side salad with balsamic vinegar as dressing and a small dinner roll filled me right up
  • We had fiber one breaded/pan fried chicken tenders, oven baked fries, and lots of steamed brocolli
  • I got home at 6:30, was freezing cold and super tired, so my dinner was 6oz of rotisserie chicken (no skin) and a Clementine. Good enough. 300 calories.

Lunch was way better though, I had one of those whole grain sandwich thins with 1/4 of an avocado, sliced tomato, romaine, and dijon mustard on it, and a side of baby carrots with pine nut hummus, with a bowl of Healthy Harvest Italian Wedding Soup. Total was 350 calories.
  • Quote: I got home at 6:30, was freezing cold and super tired, so my dinner was 6oz of rotisserie chicken (no skin) and a Clementine. Good enough. 300 calories.

Lunch was way better though, I had one of those whole grain sandwich thins with 1/4 of an avocado, sliced tomato, romaine, and dijon mustard on it, and a side of baby carrots with pine nut hummus, with a bowl of Healthy Harvest Italian Wedding Soup. Total was 350 calories.
    Your lunch sounds SOOOOOO freaking good!!!!