New with incredible need of motivation

• Hey everyone, I'm Elle.

So I'm joining this sight pretty much as a last resort. I've been overweight my entire life. Mainly just a little chubby, but as I've gotten older it's gotten worse. I've always hated it, but I'm incredibly active in sports and so I've always just figured I'm pretty healthy. Plus I have absolutely no will power! However, I just put on 20 lbs from the stress of my senior year. I'm graduating in 4 months, and don't want to start life outside of school like this. I'd like this new year to be the last year I spend overweight. I'm just worried that if I can't get my weight under control now, I'll be doomed when I get older. So, anyway, I'd appreciate all the support and motivation I can get at this point! I'm excited for this new approach, hopefully it will work.
  • Hello, Elle, and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

You are wise to try and get your weight issues under control while you are younger. The older you get, the more difficult it can be to lose weight in my experience.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J

• Elle, you've found a great place for motivation. And when you need a jump start, look in the mirror and say "Because I'm worth it," because you are.