300+ Not Just a Resolution January Exercise Thread

You're on Page 1 of 18
Go to
  • WELCOME!!

to a New Year and a new exercise thread! We're making exercise a habit, giving ourselves some accountability, and getting healthier in the process!

In this thread, we track the number of MINUTES we exercise for the month -- whether it's walking or swimming or sweaty housework! Most of us set goals for ourselves (I personally will not exercise much without a goal). If you are a goal-setter, early in the month set your own goal! If you're just getting started, feel free to start with a smaller number of minutes (I did!), maybe just a few hundred. It seems easier for many of us to build on the habit rather than meet a very high goal right away. However, you can also just jump right in without a goal, and you can join us anytime in the month!

In 2009 the 300+ club broke our 2007 record (numbers forthcoming). I believe in 2010 we can break that record!! But it's going to take a lot of work from a lot of people to get it done! Please join us!

To keep track, just add your minutes to the existing group’s minutes. If you’re new, look at what other people are doing – it’s pretty easy to figure out! To help everyone keep things straight, please note the OLD minutes and the number of NEW minutes you are adding, such as
    Group total ~ 500 + 50 = 550 minutes
  • I'll stick to 2,000 mins. again for January!
  • I'm going for 1000 in January!
  • I am shooting for 1000.
  • 1,200 is my goal!
  • I haven't been exercising at all! So ,I will start slow,with 300min. for Jan.
  • Starting over in so many ways...grr.

Goal = 600 mins a month for January.

Jan 1 = 30 mins Wii fit

Group total: 30 min
  • jan 1 - 60 min
    personal 60/1000
    group total 30+60=90 min
  • I just found this thread and am in...my goal is 600 minutes for January.
  • 60 min P90x Chest/Back
    Personal: 60min

Group: 60+90 = 150Min
  • newbie...
    So my first goal is 1500 for January. I love this site. You are all so supportive.
  • Good luck, quietlioness!

70 wii fit for today

150 + 70
    Group Total: 220
  • 32 treadmill today

Personal: 32/600

Group: 220 + 32 = 252
  • Friday
    -90 mins "Just Dance" Wii Game. Oh man, was that a workout! lol

Personal Total: 90/2,000 mins.

Group Total: 252 + 90 = 342 mins.
  • Okay, I'm a little late getting started, but I did 60 min weight training today. Felt good to get back to it.

Group total ~ 342 + 60 = 402 min

Okay, let's get moving everyone!!