New Moving out of the 150s challenge!

You're on Page 10 of 34
Go to
  • You can do it, Beauty! You're soooo close!!

I'm ~155, and cannot WAIT to get down into the 140's! At 153, I get to move out of the 'obese' classification, and that alone is big! Sooo close to 153... But my body absolutely sucks at losing weight I get about 2lbs a month... on a good month!
  • I am so sad On Friday, I weighed in at 152.2 and was SUPER DUPER excited. Well, this morning, I am 155.0 again I am so upset. I had a few beers this weekend and some fried calimari and evidently, I am not allowed to do that. Plus, TOM is on her way and I feel bloated and gross. WOE IS ME.

\end pity party.
  • Kurri--I really don't see much difference at all between the 3 pics. I think that now we're getting so close to being at a healthy weight we already look good overall...we don't LOOK overweight anymore...so pretty much the rest we wanna lose is vanity weight. We're our own harshest critics, so we nit pick at things other people don't even see. As far as you seeing people who are the same height and weigh 110-120lbs...I think about that too. But at the same time, I used to weigh between 115-120lbs at one point. And even though I was considered a normal weight, I didn't look good at all...I looked way too skinny...my arms looked like sticks with hands lol. Some people look BETTER with a little meat on their bones...and I'm one of them!

My weigh-in didn't go so great this past week...156.4, which is up .8, but I'm ok with it. Didn't do too great last week...especially with exercise. So back on track this week!
  • Amber, I'll probably be around there with weigh in this week. The Vikings really ruined my Sunday and I drank and pigged out. With just the Super Bowl left I think it's safe to say I will no longer have binging Sundays. I agree about some people not looking good at "healthy" weights and I think I, too, am one of those people. Do alot of people tell you you never "looked" that heavy? I get that a lot. This weekend I showed a friend my before and after bra and undies pictures and he said "holy f%&k" so I guess that was a pretty good compliment.

Everyone else, good luck this week! I may luck out because there is a stomach virus sweeping through my house and I'm starting to feel it coming on. I know it's not the right way to lose weight but, psychologically I could use the boost.
  • Woohoo, 159 !!!Time to make it out of the 150's for good!!!
  • Congrats, Mikan!!
  • Quote: Congrats, Mikan!!
    Omg thanks !!! We can do this !!!
  • Congrats Mikan!!

I was 153.2 this morning... better than the 155.0 I have been seeing for a few days now.
  • I'm really impressed with the motivation you guys have - it's great! I've been between 150-157 for more than two years now and I've decided that it's finally time to get rid of my last 10lbs. As of today I am 154.4. Mind if I join you?
  • Congrats Mikan and 170starting!!

Of course you can join us freedomreins!! Welcome and good luck to you!!

Kurri
    --yes, people do say that I didn't look that fat. Not so much in the sense that I didn't have some weight to lose, but they find it hard to believe that my high weight was 184lbs. I think that's one good indication that our goal weight should be on the higher side of the "normal" weight range for our height.
  • Welcome, freedomreins!!

I tried on a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding today and it didn't go to well. I don't know what I was expecting but I think I felt worse in that dress than I ever did in my "fat dress". At this point I'm comfortable wearing a size 12. 10s would dig into my stomach too much and 14s rear ends sag too much to go out in public. That being said, I tried on the dress in a 12 and although it zipped up fine, I was so disappointed in my appearance that I lost all the steam I had building inside of me and I didn't feel confident enough to try on another dress.

I am imagining this week as being super stressful when in fact it's been pretty normal. The scale has not been friendly and it's super depressing. I also received my invitation to the wedding and realized I have absolutely no one to take. Because of a bad breakup and the weight gain I have kind of locked myself in the house since I had my last boyfriend, what will be four years ago in May. It has been over a year since I've even been on a date and I can't even ask that guy because he has a girlfriend now.
  • KurLEQ - I'm sorry you didn't have such a good experience trying on dresses but hey - a smaller size is still a smaller size right?! That should make you feel good, not make you lose steam! You've lost almost 40lbs according to your ticker. Wouldn't you rather be going to your cousin's wedding as a much slimmer, healthier you than one 40lbs heavier? We are our toughest critics sometimes. I'm sure the dress looked lovely! I've been to three weddings without a date and it was wonderful to catch up with family members and talk to people you may not have spoken to in a while without "worrying" about your boyfriend not knowing anyone and maybe not enjoying himself. I'm sure the wedding will be fantastic, I love weddings!

Thanks for the welcome ladies I was very good yesterday. It was my first day of calorie counting. I lost nearly 20lbs on WW when I originally started a few years ago and I keep going back to it sporadically to get a few lbs off but I find it far too restrictive and I tend to go overboard on weekends because I've spent the week being so hungry. 19 points is not enough to live on, but 1584 calories seems to be. I'm hoping I can stick to it and be at 145 by the time the summer comes!
  • I weighed in at 150.6 this morning? I thought it was maybe a fluke so I tried again...3 times. I dont change my ticker until Monday...but I dont understand how I could lose 5 pounds since Monday? Water weight? I am not complaining...just in shock.
  • New here, but I wanna join you guys.

KurLEQ, please don't beat yourself up. I like what freedomreigns said. You can go, see your family, and not have to worry about a guy feeling out of place or ignored. I'm sure many of them haven't seen the new, gorgeous you. Go show yourself off! Be proud of what you've accomplished. You deserve it.

170starting, here's to your success and getting out of the 150's! Keep it up!
  • Hey girls!

Well, I know I have not been the chattiest person lately on this thread but I have still been reading and rooting you all on this week!

KurleQ, you really do look fabulous and I second all the advice that freedomreins gave you.

As for me, I have been weighing in at 149 for the past 6 days so I am going to officially join the getting out of the 140's group today. I was in the 150's for 6 1/2 weeks (felt like longer!) and I am glad to be out of them. I am just so super excited b/c this is my lowest adult weight. I'm entering uncharted territory and I love it!

Also, my younger sister is getting married June 5th and I'm going to be a bridesmaid so that is even more incentive to get to goal in the next 4 months!

I hope to see all of you girls in the 140's thread soon. You really are a great group.