*~*~Weekly Chat 2nd-8th Nov~*~*

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Recently my idea of exercise has been dancing around my room or going out to clubs and dancing a lot. Paris + light class schedule= debauchery. I miss my gym! It is dark when I leave and dark when I get back and I don't feel comfortable jogging alone in the dark. I will be so excited to get to a gym. For now it's just me and lady Gaga in my room.
  • Hey ladies!!!

I'm so sorry I've been gone so long! So much news. First of all, I finally have a job!! I got a long-term sub position at a high school about an hour away teaching English and recently found out that the teacher I'm in for is retiring so I'm being interviewed now for it to become a full-time position...which means I may have work till June (booyah!!).

ALSO, on the boy front, the boy that I had all the drama with before that was seeing the other girl when he started seeing me, well it's just me and him now and we've been together for 3 months. There's still all sorts of drama though. We broke up last weekend because he has some serious family stuff going on and got kicked out of his house (for a whole three hours, cuz his dad is insane) but he realized he has some serious stuff to deal with and didn't want to drag me into all of it...and then about 5 hours after he broke up with me and I was a SOBBING MESS, he called me up and said he realized he made a mistake and that him dealing with stuff is not a good reason to end what we have. oh drama.

AND THE BEST NEWS!!! I am officially under 150!!! I got on the scale this morning and was 148.5, under 150 for the third day! I haven't been this weight since my frosh year in high school when I was about 4 inches shorter. Craziness!

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. I think about you all everyday and somehow still managed to not stop in and say hello.
  • Remember - That costume looks smokin' hot! And comfy lol!

Amy - Yay, congrats on the job and being in the 140s!

Sooo it's date night with my boyfriend tonight and he's taking me to the park he took me to on our first date (Sunday is our 3 month anniversary), only it's going to be much colder than when we went there in the summer lol! It's a little park, walking path, and beach by the river and there's a really cool steamboat and the bulington-bristol bridge lights up really pretty at night. So we're going with a blanket and hot chocolate (I need to go find some FF or SF today...or I could just deal....we'll see) and sit on the beach and star gaze :3 I'm so excited about it!

Also, TOM is being REALLY weird. I've had all of the symptoms (been bloated since Wednesday and cramps uuughhh) but it hasn't exactly come yet, just some spotting and today I'm back to pre-TOM weight, 187lb. Why are you so weird TOM?!
  • AmyLeigh- Welcome back! Remember when we were in the 160s thread just a few months ago? Congrats on goal, the job, and the boy

Remember- Cute costume...lucky you, you have such a flat stomach!

Platform- your date sounds really fun! my bf and I are going to a b&b near my house this weekend; it's work weekend which is when they let you stay and eat for free in exchange for doing work like trail clearing and painting and cleaning. It's really fun and you get to meet a lot of cool people, plus staying in a romantic inn with amazing food that usually costs $200/night. Only problem is TOM came yesterday > > Also, I'm still jealous of your cajun tilapia making skillz and I get really cold now too, and I'm also a winter person.

I had a really good run at the gym yesterday; I like running outside but I"m trying to train myself to like the treadmill. I was able to do 5 miles before getting horribly bored, even though aerobically I could have gone longer since that only took me 50min. They have happy hour at my gym on Thursdays which is kind of funny to have a gym serving beer, but we're kind of an alternative gym
  • Forestroad - LOL Tilapia is really easy! Here's the recipe for the cajun tilapia, if you don't have a spice rub they tell you how to make your own. Instead of frying them in a skillet I baked them in olive oil in the oven. Oh, I also added fresh minced garlic and chopped onions to mine because we're a family that loves our garlic an' onions! Bake in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the fish is flakey (pulls apart easily) and soft when you poke it. The B&B sounds amazing and I would totally go for a work weekend! Sounds like you and your boyfriend will have a great time!
  • Forest - Beer at the gym? Awesome...that would make the treadmill a lot more tolerable.

Amy - Congrats on the weight, the boy and the JOB And good luck with the commute. When I had an hour long commute in Jersey (because I was insane to drive from Bayonne to Princeton each day) I had an insane music collection.

Remember - that costume is adorable! And I'm with Forest, way to go on the flat tummy

I had the WEIRDEST dreams last nigh, but I slept like a rock. I guess that's what I get for working out like that before bed. I got all dolled up today because I felt like it, and now I'm slightly bummed that I have no where to go after work, but I MUST WORK ON MY PAPER. Its due Monday by 11:59, and I'm leaving for Nebraska at noon (going to have me some steak!!!) so I really need to get cracking tonight, at least on the research.

Happy Friday to everyone!!
  • Remember - What a cute costume! Flaunt it girl!
    peachykeen62- Dancing is still moving and moving is still burning calories so grats for atleast doing SOMETHING.
    Amy - Congrats on the job, the boy, and being in the 140s!
    Mary- Awww how cute with the whole "Date night" I miss simple things like that with my bf. I cant wait to finally move to Chicago so its not watching movies together on our computers over aim chat kinda date haha. I totally get the whole crazy TOM thing.. Ugh why do woman have to be so complicated? Im totally making Tilapia for dinner tonight maybe Ill try that recipe. I got some last night at walmart but it was too late to cook it last night. I usually do a parmesan dijon mustard glaze kinda thing but the cajun sounds awesome too. I just recently got where I LOVE fish. Who would have thought
    forest- The B&B work weekend sounds awesome. I have never heard of that but what a great idea! grats on the run! lol to the beer at the gym. That has to be the craziest thing I have heard in a while. I bet they have alot more customers though.

Im just fixing to take my nephew around the block going to attempt the 2 times around (3 miles)that is as long as he doesn't get fussy. I HAVE to clean my room today. It is a total disaster, and I cant take it any more. I like to dance around my room and sing at the top of my lungs when I clean so i have to be burning some extra calories right? hehe Hope everyones having a good Friday!!!
  • Pammy - I've done the dijon mustard thing too, we used to have a really good glaze in a bottle but we haven't bought it in a while. I'm totally the same way when I clean lol!! I need to clean today but first I need to finish some of my family's christmas gifts gah! Christmas is closing in on the knitters!
  • Beer at the gym? That's awesome!!! My gym has Bagel Monday on the first Monday of the month and Pizza Tuesday on the first Tuesday night of the month. Seems kind of ironic since it's a gym, but I'm never there for either of them, so it doesn't bother me. Although once I was at the gym later than normal on a Tuesday and they had just delivered like 10 boxes of pizza...my god, it smelled so GOOD!!! haha
  • Hello all! It's been forever since I've posted on 3fc, but I'm back.

Amy, platform, and forest, what awesome dates you guys go on with your boyfriends! I think I should suggest those ideas to mine!

Remember - Echoing what everyone else has said--you look fabulous!
  • Mary - I totally made that fish but used Emeril's Essence seasoning instead. It was the closest thing we had, and I must say it was totally delish. My nephews ate dinner with us and my mom made chicken spaghetti and I made myself the fish with broccoli (my FAV veggie) my little nephew (7) ended up eating half my fish, so you know it was good haha.
    Chele- Pizza at the gym? Wow things do amaze me sometimes.
    JustKeep- Welcome back. We always mange to find our way back dont we?
  • Thanks, Pammy! Knew I'd be back someday...
  • Pizza at the gym just sounds mean...

Pammy & Forest - you're making me very jealous right now that I can't eat fish...

I just made myself breakfast for dinner. Egg whites, turkey bacon and a flat bread with smart balance and grape jelly. My tummy is so happy

I have to start my paper research. Have have have to. But I don't want to.
  • I have determined that muffins are my trigger. Yesterday my aunt brought home muffins from Costco because they were on sale. If you've eaten their muffins before you know they are MASSIVE! I'd already eaten breakfast, but I had a little taste of the one my aunt was eating. Usually they use better ingredients, like whole wheat flour and such. I looked up the calories and could have died. It's not even funny what the calorie count is on DailyPlate so I'm not even going to say it. However, today I had a nibble as I walked by. Then another. And another. Thankfully I thought of you ladies and 3FC, which if I wasn't a member here I definitely wouldn't be able to resist. (Probably because I wouldn't have started calorie counting in the first place) That would have been the end of my diet right there.

Soooo now I'm thinking I'll do my C25K today and take my rest day tomorrow instead, with some yoga to stretch myself out. I just can't sit around my house and take a "rest" day when I know I have those calories sitting in me. I ate spinach and cucumber salad for lunch and an apple so I'm back on track!

No more muffins for me, unless I made them because then I know that they're low-cal!!!!
  • Thanks ladies! I really did like my costume. Especially after I got the robe so it hid the skin on my back. Remember I had a tummy tuck that is why my stomach is flat (11 pounds of excess skin is not attractive).

Yesterday I went to the zoo with the roommates and friends who are in town, we were there for like 6 hours which was a ton of fun and a ton of walking. By the end I was sore so I can't image how everyone else who isn't in shape did it. Food wasn't so good because we ate at the zoo for lunch. The place we ate didn't have healthy options :/ then we went to this amazing burger joint for dinner (I love it but it isn't healthy). Came home and my stomach was in an uproar. It's not use to that.

Today has been much better, got up, had egg whites and toast for breakfast, went to the gym (my running is getting stronger), sandwich and chips for lunch, put dinner in the crockpot. Now I'm relaxing deciding what to do for the rest of the day.