Deodorant that doesn't leave white streaks?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Argh... I'm seriously tired of buying deodorant after deodorant that says it doesn't leave white streaks and then ending up with white streaks. Yesterday I wore a black tank top and I swear that by the end of the day I had two inches of white smear halfway to my waist. Anyone have any suggestions of one that does actually go on clear and stay clear? I sweat like crazy, so have to use pretty strong ones...
  • I struggled with this forever...and now I finally use Mitchum Power Gel...it's strong, and it works, and it's completely clear. The down side is it's a gel, not a solid...but I just had to get over that. I put it on first, then brush teeth, etc while it dries, and then get dressed. I was at my wit's end...even after I had washed my clothes they still had white residue...but now I'm sold on the Mitchum.
  • Definitely not Degree's little black dress approved ones - because all my black dresses have white arm pits now!
  • I was going to add you might be putting too much- so put it on- let it sit for a minute- then gently wipe off excess?
  • Could be that I don't let it dry long enough, too... I put it on as soon as I'm out of the shower, then brush my teeth and dry my hair. i of course get sweaty again during this process, so I'm sure it reactivates the moisture level in it...
  • I always wipe my armpits before I put anything on, gets rid of excess moisture I would put it on last.
  • I love Earth Science. It's natural and doesn't feel like glue either.
  • I use Nivea solid. I can't find it in the states so I have my parents send it to me in care packages from Europe. It's the only stuff that works for me.
  • This might sounds really weird....

But I actually use Old Spice Invisible Solid.

I don't really wear perfume, and I found the scent that was the least "Old Spice"-y, and I LOVE it. It works really well, it doesn't mess up my clothes and people tell me I smell nice all the time. I know it's odd, but if you can find one that you don't mind the smell of, it's an awesome product!
  • I've had good luck with the dove sensitive skin soft solid, clinical strength one. And it works wonderfully too. A little pricey, but a little goes a long way.
  • I use Secret Platinum - its a clear gel, comes in lots of different scents and unscented. It works great and leaves NO marks!
  • I dunno Shannon, but I have tried many of these that were mentioned here & honestly haven't truly found one that doesn't leave white residue, despite the CLAIMS! The majority of my tops are black, so it sucks always doing the pit check & always having to re-wet a washcloth & scrub, scrub, scrub the deo off! I'm currently using the ladies mitchum gel, its better than some but not 100% white residue proof either..

Lemme know if you find one that works Shannon, cuz I will surely be interested to know chicky!!!!
  • And any tips for the yellowed underarms under ALL my white shirts?? I think that is from deodorant as well as I'm not a super heavy sweater.
  • Ok ladies, bumping this to the top because I bought new mitchum powergel & it too leaves white marks on my black tanks & this sucker actually stays cakey under the pits & then later, the white $hit stuck in the pits, actually flakes onto my black tank- WTF- so fricken annoying with white marks & then white flakes! UGHHH Can anybody recommend something that is white free & flake free? I will try again to buy something else, but what the heck brand, HELP PLEASE, I AM SHOUTING SO SOMEBODY CAN HEAR ME & HELP A GAL OUT HERE? My biggest pet peeve by far.... Ughhh...
    Wendalyn
  • I use Avon roll on and have no problem with white streaks or white flakes.Not long ago I ran into a store that was closing I bought all the Men's Right Guard Spray deodorant that they had "cuz it was super cheap. It had a masculine scent which soon disappeared after putting it on and it left no white straqks or white flakes.