Cursed scones

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • 4 of them!

I Will get over them!
  • Quote:
    I Will get over them!
    Yes you will. You most certainly will.

And you will also remember in the future that they are indeed "cursed".
  • I am so glad that the entire Atlantic Ocean lies between me and a decent scone.
  • Quote: I am so glad that the entire Atlantic Ocean lies between me and a decent scone.
  • I've never had one and I don't plan on starting now. lol
  • Eh... you are ok, it's the scones that were in the wrong Now, forgive yourself for letting them get the best of you and move on!
  • Mm..scones..

and I regret to inform but there are good scones here too! I once had the butt to prove it!
  • I used to bake a mean scone, but my house has been a scone-free zone for several years. They are sneaky devils and I need to keep them at more than arm's length.

So, you are right; it's time to get over them and move on!
  • Quote: I am so glad that the entire Atlantic Ocean lies between me and a decent scone.

Mmmm, scones... warm, dripping with butter, piled high with clotted cream and anointed with homemade raspberry jam! Darn you, Rosinante, for mentioning scones!
  • Scones are almost always too dry. I think they are a waste of carbs. Now, a honeybun...yum. I almost never think of them anymore...
  • I also remember scones as being very, very dry. Maybe I've just never had them the "right" way. And I think I'll keep it that way....
    I have also found great scones here... thankfully the ones that are easily accessible like Starbucks are often a little dry and the bakery with the great ones is too far for me to drive regularly just for a scone...

Rosi, shake off the scones and move on! You will get past them.
  • How on Earth did you find yourself alone with four scones?

Repeat after me, "No. No, thank you. Thank you, no."

OK, Scolding over.
  • Oy, I just try not to think of scones.
  • Comfort food is the . Mine today was baked goods.