10 down 40 to go! + Tips

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Congrats to you both!
    Way to go Frisco's Mom and Heather!! You both should be very proud of yourselves.

-Tanya
  • Congrats yourself Tanya! You seem to meet your monthly goals, with a week to spare!

Heather - my DH is a native Floridian. He has never seen snow. I think I might drag him to Chicago (birth place and parents home) for the Holidays this year.

But, I can relate to not getting him to go anywhere. I just tell him that I will go with out him if necessary.
  • Congratulations Tanya on meeting your goal. That is great. Frisco, I tell my fiance that also. He is so hard headed!!! I can't believe how many people are convinced that there is nothing out there. When I moved here last year everyone compared Iowa to little house in the prairie. I don't think there is indoor plumbing there. I admit there isn't much in Iowa, but the surrounding states have a lot to offer. Even Iowa does have some sights to see. My fiance was quite shocked when I informed him the Hooters was started there and that if it wasn't for an Iowan then he wouldn't have his precious hooters girls!!!
  • Every place/town has beauty to it. I bet you have some things you like about Iowa a bit more than hooters!

Do you guys have any great plans for the weekend? We have been on a tough budget for a few weeks, and I am actually really excited about getting to go grocery shopping on Sunday! (Yes, I am pathetic )

I get to visit my grandparents in Gainesville in two weeks and I can't wait! It is bittersweet, since grandpa is recovering from a horrible car accident (which he will never fully recover from - he's 82, so the body can only do so much).

But, I know my grandmother is very excited that I have been living the diabetic lifestyle since she is diabetic. I can't wait for her to see how small I've gotten!

Take care!