Firbromyalgia #188

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Joanne, congratulations on the new great grandson! Glad to hear they are both doing fine. Have they picked out a name yet?

Anne, your trip sounds wonderful! I'm sure you took many pictures, right? Had to laugh about the wind coming off the icebergs. Just don't know what to believe about everything "they" say is fact.

Tim mentioned earlier that he should probably go through some things and decide what he is keeping and what is going to goodwill or elsewhere.

I'm going through all my books. At the Women's Emmaus Walk in November, we are going to have a free book table for the Pilgrims. Christian books of course. I have so many books that I'll never read again, so I'm giving them up.

Need to go to bed. I enjoy the classes but sometimes it is so tempting to just stay in bed.
  • Congratulations on the GG Joanne. We need some pictures soon! I love babies. It will be a few more years before I have those, tho.

We had Homecoming at church today (yesterday now). I came home and layed down to take a nap ... wound up sleeping until 9:30. Don't know what my crazy husband was thinking, letting me sleep that long. He should have woke me up. Now I'll be up all night. Oh well, what's different about that?

I've got to start an eating plan tomorrow. I've been eating too much junk and too much candy (choc). It's like I'm addicted or something, I can't seem to get enough choc. If I had the equipment, I'd swear I'm pregnant. I've promised myself I'll stop tomorrow. I put everything in the basement except a few packs of m&ms to slowly ween myself off so I won't get a headache. I've gained back 4 pounds of the 14 I lost. Time to jump back on the wagon.

Hope everybody else is good ... I only read back 2 pages so I'll have to catch up the rest later. Have a good Mon. I'm going to try to catch up on some of the sleep I lost over the weekend. Hubby will be 44 tomorrow (today). Oh, Tammy, you miss your kids being at home at first but you adjust just as with every phase of life. It really wasn't good or bad with me ... just different. And the beat goes on. I think your life is what you make it - the people in it are just an added bonus (or, with some, maybe not so much!)
  • Congrats, Joanne. Sure glad they are both fine.
    Thanks for the encouragement, Anne, We will know more in 6 weeks when they will do another 3d ultrasound. She seems ok. They will accept whatever God gives them.
    We went out to eat with Bob and Pam's family-they will be leaving for FL next week-the parents-that is. Still have to get together with others.
    Skin doc today-hope there are no surprises. If there are-I can do it in FL.
    Good to share your books, Tammy. Bye for now-Mima good to hear from you Meme-I am always supertired after something aest.nd have to r
  • Congratulations on the grandchild, Joanne! Sounds like things will be very busy for everyone for a little while as I am sure your DIL will need plenty of help having had the C-section. Very happy to hear all went well.
    Anne, snow???? You are kidding, right? I haven't even turned off my A/C yet! I'm very anxious to get this house opened up and let some fresh air in! Actually, I've been a bit of a crank the past few days.....not feeling quite myself. I think it is the changing of the seasons that might be the cause. I'm finding myself very irritable and short-fused.....everything seems to bug me right now (hubby, dog, housework, neighbors..etc). I sure hope it passes soon. Maybe I need some vacation time away from it all.....Anne has the right idea!
    Mima, when do you usually leave for FL? I just can't believe we are into another fall/winter season already! I would imagine the traffic here will start to get congested anytime now from all the winter visitors who come down for the season. It seems most of the Canadians arrive first....maybe because they are getting ready for snow already!! Yikes!
    Need to get some turkey meatballs and sauce going for tonight. Hubby will probably not be crazy about "turkey" meatballs but I am sick of red meat this week...so eat it or go hungry, right? I'm also grilling some lemon, garlic and white wine turkey sausages to go with it.
    Sounds like everyone has been busy.....and I hope healthy. I'm off to start my to-do list. Enjoy the day....which is cloudy here right now.
  • Hey There
    Tammy-The babies name is John Wallass(sp) I amnot sure how they will spell it.. He is blond and has blue/green eyes. My daughter and I hoping they will turn green like ours. She says he looks a lot like the father.They will be calling him JW. That side of the family likes nicknames.
    Meme- I have no way to send pictures. I am not as computer savvy as some.So far I don't have any.
    Mima- The ultra sound done on one of my nieces babies was the same and they said downs too. The Dr advised her to abort. Well she didn't and guess what the baby is a happy go lucky kid. Smart as a whip. You never know.
    Happy- In some cases you seem more of the kids when they leave home . Our son called or was over here daily till he married the second time. Our daughter calls once or twice a week. She lives 200 miles away. She does come down on important days and sometimes on a weekend when she doesn't have too much to do for school.
    Things in the school systems have gone from fair to really bad. She works 5 days aweek ,gets home about 5-6 pm eats supper and sits down to do paper work till about 11 pm. She then is up about4 am and working again till time to go to school and do it again . This is done as well on the weekends. That is not just her but all the teachers.. They all are very unhappy.. They are trying to get the union to intervine.It has never been like this in the past.. Now Obama wants to extend the school time through the summers. And have the teachers there on the weekends so the kids have a place to go. And no extra pay for all this work. If my daughter wasn't close to retirement she would resign. She has a few more years. I told her it probably wasn't worth it to make herself sick. She doesn't need the money. She loves the children.
    Hope everyone has a good day..Joanne
  • CONGRATULATIONS, JOANNE!The arrival of a new baby is always great. Glad all went well for baby and mom.

Meme - nice to hear from you. Glad you got some sleep. I guess sleeping all night would be best, but hey, if that doesn't work, then getting a few zzzz's whenever is good.

Kate - your dinners always sound so good! The snow NEVER did get this far, but it did get to Calgary. Lots in the mountains now, so it will make the skihill people happy, and of course, the skiers.

Here is a link for a new Canadain Study on chronic pain. It is worth looking at.
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...929?hub=Health

Everybody have a good day.
  • Joanne, I agree with you about teachers. They work long hours and they're wages have never been enough for the amount of work they do. My DIL is a teacher and she really cares about the kids she teaches. She puts in so many extra hours because she cares. But I also think teaching is rewarding work. I was a substitute for about 15 years and I enjoyed seeing the light come on in those little faces when they 'got' something for the first time. Seems like today, though, many of them know more than we do! (Or, at least they think they do.

I agree about the baby! And I would accept whatever God gave me, too ... I could not terminate a pregnancy just because the child 'might' have Downs. I've known several children (and 2 adults) with Downs and they are so special and sweet.

Kate, your dinner sounds good, made me hungry. I won't have to cook until Thur. We're going out for Mexican for hubby's BD tonight, I brought home left-overs from church yesterday for tomorrow night and we always eat out on Wed. night with friends - this week we will have another cake for Hubby's BD & celebrate with them. Whew ... there goes my diet.

Anne, I can't take nortriptyline ... I have hallucinations when on that. Most antidepressants do something weird to me. (Goodness knows I'm weird enough without something making me EXTRA weird!!!)
  • Just stopping in to read the posts. I leave for Florida on Monday, and this week is just too busy and I'm hurting. Hope you are all doing well!
  • Hey There
    Feel good Tammy.. have a good time..
    hello Everybody..Joanne
  • Last BD dinner tonight at Cracker Barrel w/cake. Ate too much; had apple chicken and dressing.

I love teaching the Junior class at church ... those kids make me feel young, they get so excited. We had a spirited game of tic-tac-toe tonight. The teams didn't get to place a X or O unless they got their Bible question right. The winning team was loud (so were the losers!). We started out in Genesis 1 about 3 months ago and all the questions are on what we have covered so far. They are learning so much. They really listen and try to remember everything I say because they know the games at the end of class will be on what we study. It's an easy approach to learning with that age group.

We are expecting rain and cooler weather ... JOY.
  • Here is a picture of hubby and our 4 G-kids at El Tapatios Mexican restaurant last night for his BD dinner. He is wearing the Sombrero they make everyone wear when they sing Happy BD to them. The kids left to right: Jenna, Kaylyn, Garrett, Ross. (Jenna is on Kaylyn's back ... silly girls)

GIRLS AND BOYS!

• Thanks for the great pics, Meme.I lost my post 2x last time so i will try again. Have fun Tammy. I hate it when people in my family are having problems with each other and then each of them tells me. I SHOULD NOT listen. There are so many family dynamics with Suzanne having a husband and Bobby having a fiance. I am all for everyone just getting along-no waves-etc.Trying to get done here-target date to leave 19 th or 20th-visiting 2 people in NC. Be good, all. Mima
  • Good morning everyone. We're having record highs for temps here in Florida! It has been so darn hot and humid these past few days I haven't felt like doing much. Physical therapy is done until Oct. 20th when I will start the strengthing rehab. According to the therapist, I am way ahead of schedule....a good thing because I am ready to get on with life. Hopefully I will only have 1 month left of this rehab.
    Great pictures, Meme Too! Hope everyone had a great time at your hubby's party. It sounds like you do a great job inspiring the kids in your bible class to learn what you are teaching them!
    Tammy, enjoy your trip to Orlando. Do you stay right at Disney? I have some friends from back home who bought a timeshare there and come down every Thanksgiving with their kids. They celebrate it right at Disney....sounds like they have a great time doing it, too! We are 90 miles southeast of Orlando but I have not made a trip to Disney yet....I think there are too many kids there for me and I really haven't had the desire to go yet. Maybe Epcot at some point. And you are not alone in the hurting department...I have been miserable for the past week...especially at night. I can't seem to get comfortable and it feels like someone worked me over with a baseball bat! I sure hope it is just a flare-up and goes away soon!
    Mima, do have a careful trip down. It has been unusally warm here but at least we haven't had any threats of hurricanes....yet! (As you must know, Nov. 30th is when the fat lady sings for that!) I can handle the temps but the humidity gets to me.
    I hope everyone enjoys their day. I was going to bathe her royal highness today but my body says otherwise. I'll postpone her bath until the weekend.
  • Can you believe I made those pictures with my phone? I thought they turned out pretty good.

Storms tonight ... after 4 am and haven't gone to sleep yet. My pain level has been way up, too. It usually is this time of year ... season changing.

Mima ... most of my family is in NC. I'm excited about some of my cousins from NC contacting me on Facebook in the last few weeks. It's good to be able to keep in touch. Also some friends from MI that I haven't talked to much in over 30 years have friended me. Facebook is a very good thing.
  • NC seems to be a popular place to live.
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. Doc called and that brown spot on my face is a paper thin melanoma-now that's a scary word. Of course I have to have it removed ASAP so Tues and Wed I will have surgery-they do a biopsy after tues to be sure and I sure want then to be sure. I guess we will be here another week. Last time they couldn't take the stitches out all at once. I have appts to change,
    We have to shop today-frig is pretty bare. I bought a dvd for walking vigorously and using weights-I only did 20 minutes but I liked it.
    Bye for now-almost lost my post. Mima