Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #61  

Default Hey There

Meme- Your G/children are growing up. Beautiful.
I think everybody has pain this time of the year. We could use some rain down here. Temps are in the 90's. The weatherman said it was going to stay that way for at least a week.
Mima- I hope all goes well with the surgery. I guess it isn't easy changing plans. Icebox empty go to a deli.. I like doing that even though I shouldn't.
My sons B/D today. He is 51 I find that hard to believe. We are having them over tonight. Guess I will make a meatloaf. He likes that. His wifes suggestion. I think I made that when they were over a while back.
Hello Everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #62  

You must make good meatloaf , Joanne.
Tonight is Brad's 50th high school reunion-should be fun.
I am a little depressed about my surgery. Seems likeI spend so much time taking care of my body and this is the 3rd skin surgery, It's good I have 2 dermatologists in FL.
Need to get virus protection asap-4 days left for Norton.
It;s going to be a nice weekend. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. I understand what you were saying about losing a post! I wrote yesterday and it never appeared! What's up with that?
Mima, don't let your computer go without virus protection! Too many things out there now that can really cause a lot of problems. I use the Windows Live Care One which updates automatically everytime I turn on the computer and it backs-up all my files everyday to an external drive called a "Passport". Can't be too careful here because I have all my info on the computer.
And try not to get too depressed about the skin issues. You are one of those people who can see the changes in your skin and does something about it before it gets worse. I don't pay enough attention to my skin to notice these things....shame on me! You have me thinking about seeing a dermatologist now! I am going to have several skin tags removed with my primary care dr. when I go back in Nov. but I probably should have my skin checked out by a skin dr. I have to confess that I have a few tattoos....and a very large one on my back that might make it difficult to see any skin abnormalities but I suppose a skin doctor would be able to see anything.
Hubby has today and tomorrow off so I am doing up a "honey-do" list. Need to get numerous things accomplished this weekend! Off to change the linens and vacuumn....hope everyone enjoys their day!
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #64  

Default Hey There

Mima- Don't worry about the surgery. It is in office? Catching things early is the key.. It seems my family likes my cooking..I used a differant recipe and it seemed to go over well. They ate it all and the son took the rest home with him. I also sent the salad ,cake except for a small piece that the hubby ate this am.Got that out of the house.
The flu shot has my arm sore and I have a slight sore throat..
Have a safe trip down.
have a Good Weekend Everybody...Joanne
Old 10-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #65  

Hello everybody.

Mima - glad you are getting this looked after. You sure don't want to leave it or ignore it. If you are prone to this, then you are being wise to have yourself checked out. Florida isn't going anywhere and will be there whenever you are ready to go.

Tammy - have a great time. You will enjoy it.

Joanne - glad you had a good dinner. I like meatloaf as well, as my cousin's hubby LOVES anything made with hamburger. He prefers it to steak!!! Hope you don't get sick. I am NOT getting any flu shot and will take my chances with the flu.

Meme - glad your hubby had a good birthday celebration. The pictures turned out good. Isn't it wonderful what you can do with all this new technology? The kids are growing up. Ashley is already 11 and that is hard to believe. Our baby is already 3. Time goes by so fast. James is also 11 now, and like Ashley, is growing up.

I am having Thanksgiving here at my house this weekend. My daughter and her family will come today and leave tomorrow after dinner. My son and his family will come tomorrow and stay until Monday, so it will be a busy weekend. Hope you all have a good one.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #66  

Mima ... hope all goes well with your surgeries. I'm sure it will be fine!

Joanne, I've been craving meatloaf all week! I got the stuff to make it with today at the grocery store. After reading all that, now I don't know if I can wait until Mon. or not!

Had a busy day of: Praise Team practice, grocery and other shopping (and bill paying -UGH), a little house work and dinner with friends. Now I'm going to get things ready for church tomorrow, take a Tylenol PM and go to bed. I only got 3 hrs. sleep last night ... I cannot go all day tomorrow on another sleepless night. Have a blessed Sunday Ladies!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #67  

Hi gang! Sorry I haven't been around this week. Just so much going on. I'm sure I won't be on tomorrow either, getting last minute things done before I leave Monday morning. I'll be home the evening of the 19th. Have a great week!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #68  

tammy-have a marvelous time.
Went to Brad;s reunion and it was great-weird not knowing anyone there but we sat at a table with retired teachers.
It came to my mind that they are going to do a skin graft on my face. Didn't ask enough questions when Doc called so I won't know anything til Tues.
Too funny-Suzanne and Jim are going to be Mary and Joseph in the Christmas pageant at their church.
Yum-yum Joanne and you too Anne-Happy Thanksgiving,
Kate-the skin docs can see everything. It's good to be checked.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 10-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #69  

Default Hey There

hello Everybody.. Where is everybody???I hope you are having a GOOD WEEK.. Joanne
Old 10-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #70  

I am here ... not doing much. Rain, rain and more rain. Sure has been a wet fall so far. I'm swelled up like a big 'ole toad. Feel like I'm walking around on 2 broken feet and ankles and as for the knees & all the rest, we won't even go there.

Have the kids this week, taking it day about. (Ross & Jenna) One stays with me and one goes to work with mom. (she works at their church). Ross and I watched TV all day today. Couch is as far as I could get. Life ... ain't easy some days.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #71  

Yuk-Meme!
Surgery yesterday went well-lots of small needles to freeze it-I shook while they did that. And again today to either put in the stitches or do more. No fooling around with a melanoma.
We are supposed to get flu shots today but Brad is coughing-am I next. Get the zinc.
Lost 1 lb at WW. One more week. I hope I am motivated to continue-so much easier to exercise in FL.
Hi to all. Mima
Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #72  

Default Hey There

No life is not easy... I am always looking for a bright side but it is still dim..
We are waiting for some of that rain. maybe we can get out of the 90's by the weekend..
Got to bathe Christie today. I try to do that at least twice a month..Always something that needs done here.
Glad the surgery went well. I hate needles too. I have to be stuck about every week to have coumadin checked.. No fun. I have small veins and that makes for at least two sticks some times.
Gained a pound this week. I'm trying.. Just not goung the way I want to.
Joanne
Old 10-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #73  

Mima - glad that it is almost over. Hope they get everything. No messing around with that stuff. Congrats on the loss.

Meme - I am in the same boat as you. Get out of bed, and my feet feel like I am walking on glass. Every muscles hurts from my head to my toes (including my toe!) Hope you feel better. You have rain, we have SNOW!! Don't know why it is coming so early, but it is here.

Joanne - Life is short, be happy! Hope you get some rain. I could send you some SNOW if you like. I don't want it.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #74  

Joanne-ask them to use a smaller needle-one for kids. I get tested lots and that's what she does.
Almost 30 small shots yesterday-I counted. My face has a pressure bandage from under my chin to my eyes-that comes off this pm and then a smaller one. i have to do this 2x a day for 12 days. I am getting the stitches out on the 26th and then hopefully bye-bye. But they got it all!!!
It might be rain mixed with snow here.
Brad's cough is better-I got the flu shot but he didn't. He can go into the office anytime.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 10-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #75  

Default Hey There

Mima- Some use the small needle after they find out the big one doesn't work ,some that know me go right fot the small needle and sometimes still have to stick me a couple times..
Hello everybody.. Where is Kate?
Joanne