1 packet Splenda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 large egg - beaten
    1 tsp Margarine - Trans Fat Free - melted

Put dry ingredients into a small bowl or coffee cup

Stir

Add egg and margarine and mix well.

Microwave 1 minute.

Take out.. pop out onto a plate and enjoy!!

Great with Sugar Free Syrup or Fat Free Cream Cheese.

Takes a minute to make and cures the sweet cravings...

You will be amazed how filling this is, I actually have to split one with my husband..
  • I can never find this and I just realized it's because I look for it in Phase 1 breakfasts. I know flax meal is P1 safe so why is the recipe here instead?
  • b/c the serving size for Flax is 1/8 cup on Ph 1
    I triple the recipe and make 6 muffin sized ones
  • it looks like the serving size for P1 is 3T, so 3/4 of a 1/4 cup Thanks for the answer!
  • Is flax meal and flax flour the same thing? Or is the flour ground more? If so, anyone ever try it with flax flour? That is all I can seem to find.
  • I use cream cheese and don't eat the whole thing because of plan one but here is the ni with cream cheese
    User Entered Recipe

1 Serving 1 whole recipe
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 309.5
    Total Fat 15.6 g
    Saturated Fat 3.5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 7.8 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 4.3 g
    Cholesterol 220.5 mg
    Sodium 853.6 mg
    Potassium 372.0 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
    Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
    Sugars 2.5 g
    Protein 26.9 g
    Vitamin A 25.5 %
    Vitamin B-12 17.5 %
    Vitamin B-6 7.0 %
    Vitamin C 3.2 %
    Vitamin D 6.5 %
    Vitamin E 2.8 %
    Calcium 46.8 %
    Copper 3.7 %
    Folate 15.6 %
    Iron 28.8 %
    Magnesium 5.9 %
    Manganese 59.8 %
    Niacin 1.4 %
    Pantothenic Acid 8.2 %
    Phosphorus 57.8 %
    Riboflavin 25.6 %
    Selenium 29.1 %
    Thiamin 5.7 %
    Zinc 10.4 %
  • This is good, but the one minute chocoalte cake is Really Good.
    I make it often,
    simply add 3 more T splenda, and 1 T cocoa.
    Tastes fabulous!!!!!!
  • I am SHOCKED at how good this is! But I do really like the flavor of flax, so maybe that's part of it. Wow, I am so pleasantly surprised.

I did it per the recipe, except using Egg Beaters instead of a whole egg, so the fat is lower. This ends up being less than 200 calories, with 12g protein and 8 g fiber - those are better numbers than most of the nutrition bars out there, and very filling. Here are the stats, without adding cream cheese or syrup or anything:

Nutrition Facts
    1 Serving

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 169.7 Total Fat 10.7 g Saturated Fat 1.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat 7.5 g Monounsaturated Fat 2.7 g Cholesterol 0.6 mg Sodium 147.6 mg Potassium 826.1 mg Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g Dietary Fiber 8.1 g Sugars 0.4 g Protein 12.0 g
    Vitamin A 18.3 % Vitamin B-12 26.6 % Vitamin B-6 15.5 % Vitamin C 0.0 % Vitamin D 14.9 % Vitamin E 7.3 % Calcium 27.7 % Copper 0.8 % Folate 15.0 % Iron 16.3 % Magnesium 1.8 % Manganese 1.3 % Niacin 0.4 % Pantothenic Acid 10.0 % Phosphorus 41.9 % Riboflavin 50.0 % Selenium 22.3 % Thiamin 10.0 % Zinc 4.2 %
  • Just wanted to add that I made it again today, adding 1/4 cup mixed berries. It was so delicious!!

I did have to cook it longer (probably 2.5 minutes total, as the berries were frozen). Also, just blueberries might have worked better - the strawberries and raspberries and blackberries were a little mushy in the muffin. Still delicious though.
  • Anybody know why there is such a calorie discrepancy? one user has almost double the other users stats?

anyway, tripled this and stored it in the fridge for ultra fast breakfasts. yum!
  • I think the first recipe included cream cheese? I don't add that in mine... and the sodium on that one is 853 mg? That's a lot more than I came up with for 1/2 tsp baking powder.

The calories I posted above were with using Egg Beaters, which honestly I don't often use. And I might have had Smart Balance *Light* for the more low-cal version, I can't remember... The calorie count on this using a regular large egg and regular Smart Balance, according to sparkpeople is 222 calories (I add 35 extra for 1/2 cup berries.)

Calories 222.1 Total Fat 17.0 g Saturated Fat 3.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat 8.5 g Monounsaturated Fat 5.1 g Cholesterol 212.5 mg Sodium 336.5 mg Potassium 176.6 mg Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g Dietary Fiber 8.0 g Sugars 0.0 g Protein 12.2 g
    Vitamin A 9.7 % Vitamin B-12 14.9 % Vitamin B-6 15.0 % Vitamin C 0.0 % Vitamin D 11.5 % Vitamin E 5.9 % Calcium 20.0 % Copper 0.4 % Folate 5.9 % Iron 13.4 % Magnesium 1.4 % Manganese 0.6 % Niacin 0.2 % Pantothenic Acid 6.3 % Phosphorus 13.9 % Riboflavin 14.9 % Selenium 22.0 % Thiamin 2.1 % Zinc 3.7 %
  • I just made a savory Phase 1 version of this with 3T flax, green chili powder, some green salsa in the middle and a little rf cheddar on top. I ate it with more green salsa poured over it. Yum. 241 calories according to FitDay
  • Cyn It's also good with Spinach and some LF/FF Feta!
  • I discovered the spinach last week and am now hooked! I mix some thawed chopped spinach, top with melty cheese and serve with extra salsa. It's so good and soooo filling!
  • Tonight I made the basic recipe with a T of green chilis added. Cooked it in a slightly wider bowl then sliced it in half and used as a burger bun (homemade black bean burgers). It was surprisingly solid, worked great. Next time we are going for the whole thing - burger, tomato, cheese. These can handle it.