Soda..pop..whatever you call it

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So, I went to WI today and as they were looking over my food log, she noticed that I drank 6 oz of Diet Sierra Mist (mixed it in the blender with ice and a clear to make a yummy drink.) Well I guess we are only suppose to use sodium free soda. Are there any brands out there that do not contain sodium? The only one I could find was Diet Rite.
  • I think Diet Rite is one of the only ones, at least it is in my area (Oregon). It also has to be caffiene free. I have skipped any type of soda's just for fear that it would lead me back to having the regular sugary stuff.
  • i think diet squirt is sodium-free (and probably also fresca, then? i think they're the same pretty much). also maybe check diet 7up? although that's probably the same as sierra mist... hmm.
  • Check out store brands, I know one supermarket in Minnesota has store-brand sodas that are sodium-free
  • I was told at my center that sodium content below 100 per serving is ok. Diet Rite is all I have found with 0 sodium though.
  • Thanks! Diet Sierra Mist has 25mg but I did buy some black cherry Diet Rite to mix with the choc pudding tonight.
  • Diet caffiene free coke is 35 mg of sodium and that is pretty low. I went to the MRC center yesterday to sign up and they said it would be ok to use it, just don't drink too much since they want you to get all that water in..

Ronnie
  • Even before this program I was always told to replace the amount of soda, tea or coffe you drink with the same aomount of water, ex: if you drink 12 oz of soda replace it with 12 oz of extra water for the day... 64 + 12. Hope this wasn't too confusing.
  • I have had a couple diet cokes on this diet and it hasn't slowed me. I only have a small glass once a week at the bowling ally. They told me to watch the amount, but other than that it shouldn't be a prob.
  • Thanks for everyone's help. I'm not going to stress about it too much. I have been getting in 128 oz of water a day and they like to joke that I won't have the time to drink any diet soda, but I really liked mixing it with my clear supplements.
  • I use Wal-Mart's brand, Clear American, key lime flavor. It tastes just like Sprite and I use it a lot!
  • The Walmart brand Sam's Choice has a cola that is diet and has no sodium and no caffeine, you have to get the one with the gold label (caffeine free)...It's not bad, I like it from a 2L bottle but the cans taste a little different...
  • Found Diet Hansen's Soda has no sodium. They are a little more expensive but also don't have artificial colors. There is a black cherry and a kewi strawberry that are great. They were at King Soopers/Kroger but not with the other sodas, off with other special drinks like the A&W root beer float things. Wonder why I noticed those instead of the healthy drinks around them?
  • In all honesty, I've been drinking 1 bottle of Diet Coke Daily for the last 2 months and I will occasionally have an unsweet tea that is I'm sure caffeinated when I go out. I try to have water and mix in my own Crystal Light but sometimes, i just need a little something different. As for the Diet Coke's, will this restarted when I went to work for a grp of surgeons and have to "really think on my feet" at 6:30 in the morning in Surgery... I just needed the wake up boost! It's a bad habit I restarted but I figure there's gotta be worse and I'm still losing. I wouldn't go overboard but a little here and there is prob ok.
  • Sprite Zero is the only soda that my counselor mentioned was OK to have. Too bad they just came out with the new flavored Diet Mountain Dew!