What is your favorite high fiber food?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I really need to increase the amount of fiber I eat. Does anyone have something that they really love that they can recommend?

Oh, how much fiber do you eat a day?
  • No idea how much fiber I eat a day, but I try to eat LOTS: fruit, salad, All Bran Bars, a glass of Metamucil when things aren't "moving.

I love hummus. Hummus and pita chips are a nice "treat", and hummus and carrot sticks is pretty yummers.
  • Cauliflower- I can't get enough of it- I ate so much the other day I had a stomach ache lol! I ate like 36 grams of fiber in one day from all the cauliflower I ate- OOPSY!
  • I eat a lot of fiber, last time I counted it was nearly 100 grams/day.

Beans are an excellent source of protein and I eat lots of beans.
  • I eat too much honestly and can't seem to bring it down. sometimes it causes...intestinal...issues. lol. between 35-45 grams a day

fibery foods I eat;

black beans
    brown rice
    high fiber oatmeal
    any whole grain bread
    fruits
    veggies
    whole wheat pasta

I eat LOTS of black beans. I put them on mexican pizzas, chili, sloppy joes, naked burritos, etc.
  • Fat free refried beans make a great thickener to add to other foods to boost the fiber value. On a side note, I add tomato paste to both mexican and italian foods to increase potassium, a nutrient I really watch.
  • High Fiber Oatmeal
    Fiber One cereal
  • Goodness over 100 grams! I get over 35 and I'm in pain!
  • Quote: I eat a lot of fiber, last time I counted it was nearly 100 grams/day.

Beans are an excellent source of protein and I eat lots of beans.
    spark said that too much fiber can interfere with nutrient absorption, just a note.
  • I LOVE black beans, lentils, carrots, apples.... all healthy and high in fiber. I go for whole, unprocessed foods whenever I can, so my fiber comes straight from plant sources instead of cereals and bars, but to each his own
  • Thomas brand multigrain english muffins, light (100 calories a pop).
    All Bran Cereal
    Broccoli
  • Fiber one cereal with yogurt (yummy!!)
    La Toritilla factory low carb toritilla
  • Quote: spark said that too much fiber can interfere with nutrient absorption, just a note.
    I don't know. I eat TONS of fiber. TONS. Haven't counted the grams in ages, but I'm sure it's way over 75, could be close to 100 at times. And my nutrients are absorbed just fine. The only nutrient I am lacking in is D. That's the sunshine one and most people are.

I am very, VERY fortunate that my stomach tolerates it so well. I can't think of one meal or snack that I eat that doesn't contain lots of it.

Just some of the high fiber foods that I LOVE and eat frequently:
    • Cauliflower
    • spinach
    • asparagus
    • broccoli
    • apples
    • carrots
    • peppers
    • avocado
    • cabbage, red and green
    • brussel sprouts
    • cucumbers
    • grapes
    • berries - straw, black, blue, rasp
    • peaches
    • turnips
    • squash - green and winter
    • Fiber One cereal - at least 1/2 a cup a day.
    • cantalope
    • green beans
    • beans, lentils
    • onions
  • I am a huge fruit and veggie person. I definitely get plenty of fiber.

Processed wise, I like Kashi Go Lean cereal or Fiber One.
  • My favorites are apples, carrots, and whole wheat bread.