August Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 28
Go to
  • Hi girlsssssss I'll be adding you to the list shortly. Chat soon : )
  • Heya, okay exercise goals.

1 hour of running programme every Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
    30 minutes to 1 hour of either aerobics, biking or walking every other day.
  • Ok so I'm committed now, it's going down in black and white...
    Now that i've figured out my vacation workout schedule, here goes:

Non vacation days (16): Workout 14 out of 16 days, at least 2 times per day with strength training 3 times per week.

Vacation days (15): Run 5 days, strength train 4 days.

And my minutes will be what they be...
  • List of our exercise team members thus far. We also have a sister thread titled, "August Weight Loss Challenge" for those of you interested in joining.

FullSteamAhead: 1,200 minutes. Post my minutes a minimum of every other day.
    crazymamaof4: Continue HIIT 3x/wk, continue strength training 3x/wk, add C25K 3x/wk, + trying pilates.
    Delphi: 2,500 minutes of exercise..get in 2 workouts a day 6 days a week.
    NewShinyMe: Complete 850 min. minimum, complete new EA active 30 day challenge, and workout 6 days a week.
    mygritsconfessions: cardio every other day for 45 min, + 35 min. on opposite days.
    p7eggyc: Increasing goal by 10% to 880 minutes.
    TERAPET: 1600 minutes of exercise
    mamatoni: exercise at least 5 days a week
    EmmaD: Plan out and stick to a specific schedule each week, 3.5 hrs.cardio/wk, 1hr. strength training a week, + 15 min. stretching a day.
    Pucedaisy: yoga 2x/wk + a good walk everyday.
    Beck: 1200 minutes of exercise, continue C25K, + start 30 day shred.
    JessicaLovely: 1200 min. of exercise, try one new class at the gym each week, + play tennis 2x/wk.
    dcapulet: 1200 minutes of exercise.
    merose: ride bike 45 min. 2x/wk, get off the tube a stop early + walk home from there everyday (about 30 min.).
    Darby1: To continue walking 3x/wk + riding my bike while my husband trains for marathon, start riding my bike to my volunteer job (16 mi.r.t), strength train 3x/wk, + HIIT 2x/wk.
    Princess2323: 1 hour of exercise a day.
    RandZsMom: walk w/my dog + children 5x/wk + start getting active again.
    BigKnitter: Do yoga every day and 60 minutes of cardio 3x/wk.
    Coffeechick: Mornings: Firm Wave 5 days/wk, alternating strength training and cardio every other day. Evenings: walk 60 min. 3 days/wk. Drink 64 oz. water, + keep calories between 1200-1350.
    roetta: exercise 5x/wk for 30-45 minutes + basic strenght training every other day.
    Cleophas: 1 hr. of running program every Mon., Thurs., and Sat. 30 min.-1 hour of either aerobics, biking, or walking (every other day).
    Tummygirl: Non vacation days (16): workout 14 out of 16 days, at least 2x per day with strength training 3x/wk. Vacation days (15): Run 5 days, strength train 4 days.

Hi ladies.........nice to see you all. to our team for those of you who are joinin in and welcome back to us all : ).. THis is our master list so far.
  • I did not make my goal for july... so i am determined to do it for august.
  • Me too dcapulet. Oh you came close. I had actually lowered my minutes and now decided to go back to my usual average. Anyhow........I'm with you! Let's go for it!
  • Ok, this sounds like the place I need to be!

Goals:
    1. 18 Curves work outs.
    2. Begin the C25K, aiming for 2 days/week.
  • to all the Newbies! I look forward to getting to know you all! This is a great bunch of girls and they are pretty much the reason I'm still exercising!

FSA~ Hey hun, I'm going to change up my August Exercise Goals a little, could you update my goals please?

Currently they are:
    Continue HIIT 3x/wk, continue strength training 3x/wk, add C25K 3x/wk, + trying pilates

However, after doing the first C25K workout this morning, I officially came to my senses and decided that I'm ditching the HIIT. However...I will be adding another form of exercise on my ST'ing days so it's now:

C25K 3x/Wk, ST'ing 3x/Wk, Add an additional form of exercise on my ST'ing days

I figured that since I want to up my exercise I should start doing different stuff to keep it interesting! That's one of the reasons I had 'try Pilates' in my original goals. So, I've got a few workout DVDs and a few sitting in my Netflix Que, not to mention I've got On Demand cable with some exercise shows on there--and I'll just mix it up!

Thanks so much hun!
  • I'm in!

I'm vacationing for 8 days in the middle of the month, but I'll still set a goal of 1,500 minutes for the month! I fast dance as my exercise.

Eager to get to know you!
  • Since I didn't meet this goal in June, I will shoot for it this month:

• Start hiking or some outside activity once a week
    • Work out while on vacay
  • I've only just joined but would like to take part in the Challenge.

My goals are:
    Cardio 850
    Stretching four times a week.
  • Daily Progress

Week 1

August 1 ~ 60 minutes cardio w/MFC [30 minutes walking][30 minutes CT w/MFC]
  • Here we go...

August 1st ~ 27 mins of the wonkiest cardio ever!

Okay girls, I am not off to a fantastic start. I *attempted* my HIIT today and whoa...lemme just say that one should not underestimate the importance of a good sports bra! My good one is in the wash so I grabbed my old one--not good! I knew right off the bat that doing all the HIIT intervals wouldn't be an option. So, I put the treadmill to the highest incline and a combo of brisk walking up hill and I think I got in 6 30 second running intervals--have you ever tried running while holding onto your chest? Lemme tell ya, even though they're smaller, the girls were all over the place and boy did I have a hard time running!

However, by the end of my usual HIIT time I was dripping sweat and laughing, so I guess all in all it was a decent workout. Good thing I got in that extra cardio yesterday--I feel a little better about my sloppy workout today.
  • Welcome to August!
    Work out number 1 accomplished.
    I'm totally gunshy on the C25K though. Working out in public (read: struggling to work out in public) is hard for me.
  • Oh my goodness...I haven't posted my goals here yet. How did I miss that? Too much distraction I guess. Okay, so my goals are:

1. Complete C25K, afterward log 6 miles running/wk
    2. Bike 12 miles/wk
    3. Strength train 2x/wk
    4. Log 1300+ ex. min. for August

I'm training for a 5K in September and a duathlon in October. It should help me have more direction in my cardio sessions. For strength, I'm actually going to follow a program instead of just "winging it" which never works for me. Here's to an even more successful month than July (was for me)!