20 Pounds first week, and a pound a day afterwards

• 20 Pounds first week, and a pound a day afterwards

Am 6' 4", and was 185 most my life.

Married at age 37, good cooking, and a lot of soda pop brought me to 350 lbs. That's too much.

-
  • Welcome. Congrats on the 20lb lose! What plan are you using for a lb a day?
  • Quote: Welcome. Congrats on the 20lb lose! What plan are you using for a lb a day?

Atkins

I may have modified the first 2 weeks by keeping my calories down to 900, in addition to the 20 card per day.

And I drink lots of Crystal Lite.

Montana Guy
  • yay for your successful beginning!!!
  • Oh gosh, that's a lot of weight loss! Congrats! I wish Atkins was that friendly to me the first week. lol
  • Quote: Oh gosh, that's a lot of weight loss! Congrats! I wish Atkins was that friendly to me the first week. lol
    That's why I modified my "Atkins" approach with low calories too. I have not read the South Beach Diet, but I suspect I am doing it, or something close.

Atkins was good for me several years ago, but I foolishly turned a blind eye in my 5th month and gained 70% of what I lost back. And my body at that time did not go along with another induction week or two.

This time I am sticking to it, and keeping my daily calories around 800-1000 day during the first 2 weeks. 3rd week still low, but enjoy maybe 1200 calories. But I write down EVERYTHING I ingest, good or bad. That helps.

I am at the end of my 3rd week and the pounds are dropping slower (as expected), but I am looking at more of the weekly loss than the daily loss.

Expecting a weekly loss of 2 lbs a week will get me 156 lb loss in 18 months.

For most of my life I had that "Jimmy Stewart" built at 6'4" 189. So 199 should be reasonable to achieve.

Funny, though. What I ate when I was 189 is what I am eating now!

Montana Guy
  • Keep up the GREAT work, and please keep updating us! I'm right there with you...