What are you eating today?

You're on Page 26 of 26
Go to
  • Well, today is NOT vegan, it's to be lacto vegetarian...

Planned:

Fat free Greek yogurt with blueberries, flax and bran fiber

A wrap made with an Ezekiel sprouted tortilla with edamame hummus, beets and spinach

1 Granny Smith apple with Earth Balance peanut butter (it has flax in it and it's so yummy!)

Olives, sourdough, bruschetta, cucumber slices, baby carrots, Brie, baby grape tomatoes, sauteed baby broccoli with ginger and garlic and a glass of organic red wine (Warning! High sodium! Alcohol! Warning!)

Lentil spinach butternut onion garlic soup made with low sodium V8

AND I still have 300 calories to "play" with...
  • what i ate yesterday...
    B - 1 packet oatmeal with about 10 blueberries
    L - turkey sandwich and salad with ff french and croutons
    D - 1 4oz. pork chop 2 servings of corn and serving of steamed potatoes
    S - low fat cheez-its and 2 hard boiled eggs no yolk

today so far...
    B - 1 packet oatmeal with about 8 blueberries

L - will be 1 4 oz. pork chop from last nights grilled on the foreman pork chops and my lunch salad with croutons ff french... a serving of real bacon bits... only 25 calories

D - will be salmon spinach and some type of potatoe

S - probably my favorite sugar free swirl jello puddin
  • I have had a Strawberry Protein Smoothie for Breakfast

Morning Snack - Fat Free Light Yogurt with plain dry cheerios
    Lunch - Vege burger with non fat cheese, lettuce, tomato with vinegrette dressing
    Afternoon Snack - Mini bag of popcorn
    Dinner - Turkey Pita - Whole wheat Pita, sliced turkey, lettuce, tomatoes and vinegrette dressing

Evening snack to be determined because I still have about 250-300 calories left.
  • A banana and whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of honey for breakfast.

My first snack was an apple.

For lunch I had a big salad with some chik'n cut up in it, a few organic croutons and low cal dressing.

My next snack was an organic Full Circle cookie.

And I just had a veggie burger with soy based fake cheese and organic bean dip on the side.

I'll probably have a fiber one yogurt later.
  • Awesome thread. I like getting ideas from other people.

I experimented with a new smoothie today and it was great. I'm trying to lower my sugar intake, even though it is mostly unrefined. Today's result:

4 oz vanilla muscle milk light
    3 oz 0% plain greek yogurt
    1/4 cup blueberries
    70g mango chunks

Only 14g of sugar! Muscle milk is a horrible name, but it might become one of my favorite smoothies.

As for the rest of the day:

wheat bread slice
    egg whites
    string cheese
    white rice
    string beans
    tilapia with citrus marinade
  • today was

breakfast granola bar and a banana

lunch tilapia with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots

dinner Homemade Lasagna (omg amazing and only 441 calories)

and I still have 400 calories left for the day. Not sure what to do with them.
  • I'm glad there's a thread to post daily food, as I need accountability!

Morning: homemade tehina (sesame seed butter made into a dip - Middle Easter) with cucumber, carrots, celery, and cherry tomatoes; 2 slices sprouted grain bread with apple butter
    Mid-Morning: Protein shake made with soy milk, silken tofu, and rice protein powder
    Afternoon: Sauted tofu with cauliflower and mushrooms and olives
    Evening: Big salad with vinegarette and avocado; bran cereal (dry) and 1 oz vegan dark chocolate

I'm still experimenting with what works best for me in terms of protein/carbs/fat. I'm trying to up my protein and fat and lower my carbs as I've been basing my diet lately on carbs and it hasn't done me much good. I felt a lot more energetic today than I have in the past days so maybe I'm doing something right .

Tam