1000 miles in 2009 #3!!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 34
Go to
  • In 2008, several of us ran in a 500 miles by Christmas challenge. Some of us got there (and then some---looking at you: Jo, Kitty, & Jenguin!) and some of us reached a different goal (300, thank you very much!).

Now we are starting a new year and have a new goal!

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step....Are you IN???

This thread is open to everyone--if you are thinking of running 1000 miles by 12/31/2009...or 600....or walking 300...the idea is to move and track your mileage and have some fun along the way!

Good luck to us all!!!!

We have over 1000 posts in this challenge with threads 1 and 2! Woohoo!
  • Yay! + 2 today.
  • Crazy! good job everyone! 4.1
  • Angie got the mutts out before I got home from work...thank-you babe!

Nothing for me today but carrying over my miles...

236/1000 MILES
  • I'm so impressed with how many of you guys area almost half way, great job!
  • 5 miles today!
  • +5 today = 482
  • +5 today.... it was a hard run. I think that's because my six yesterday were rockin'
  • I did 5 miles of HITT on the bike, then attempted a run at the track. After Mile 1 of the run I got a cramp in my right calf and finished Mile 2 at a walk. I had planned on 4 miles of running, but I decided to be smart and listen to my body. That's 259/1000. I just did the math, I need a little more than 24 miles a week now to finish.
  • +5.51 miles waaaay too close to the middle of the day, I feel as if I've been steamed.
  • Hey guys, I havent posted here in a long time. I was rocking along in January and then had the WEIRDEST injury that it took forever to figure out. I cant remember if I posted that ...it felt like a hamstring tear but it turned out that my fibula was not moving in the tibufibular joint so basically I lost all the shock absorbtion in one leg. By the time we figured it out, one portion of my hamstring had basically atrophied

Anyway through sheer bullheadedness I discovered that once we got it moving again the leg really really likes to work hard. Sitting for too long makes the leg hurt like a mofo. Running 16 miles makes it happy.

I'm back on track.

Unfortunately along the way I gained MORE weight. UGH.

MTA: I fixed the pace bunny. And apparently along the way I deleted my mileage tracker...I am at 682.2 miles as of today
  • +5 today
  • 7.02 miles today.

Welcome back ennay, I'm glad you figured out what was wrong. So are you running Boston next year then?
  • Wow, ennay, that is a bizarre injury! I'm glad you have been able to recuperate from it! You are going to 1000 miles crazy fast!
  • 3 miles today!

Glad you're back to running, ennay!

Dixie, when you break down the numbers like that, it seems totally doable! Woohoo!!

Jo, keep cool out there!