Change Goal Weight to A More Attainable Goal.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I decided to change my Goal Weight to A More Attainable Goal. I had put down 125 LBS but I think that isn't very realistic. I have some vacations coming up this summer and a wedding and family reunions. So I decided to take the stress off and make a more attainable goal. I changed my Goal Weight to 140 LBS. Maybe I won't be so overwhelmed by how far I have to go yet. I should just concentrate on 5 LBS at a time.
  • You are doing great. You have already lost 53 pounds! I think your strategy of concentrate on 5 LBS at a time is good. I should because that is what I do! That final goal can be very intimidating so I just don't think about it. I can lose another 5 pounds.
  • I eventually want to reach 140, but if I find myself dwelling on how much weight I need to lose, I think about something else (like the mini-goals I've set).

The mini-goals seem far more attainable.
  • That was my thought when I put 150. I can always go lower when I get there... but that's an attainable goal (though I once would have set that it was not!!!)
  • Me too, my 135 is lower than the last time but still not the ultimate.

Congratulations on what you've already lost!
  • I read on here one time. "I can't lose 100 pounds, but I CAN lose 10 pounds 10 times" I loved it, and try to concentrate on that.
  • My offical goal is 180 but I have a secret lower goal in my head of 165. Umm. I guess it's not really a secret any more, huh. Shhhhh.
  • I just did the same thing too! You know, we can always take a look at how we feel (and how we look in the mirror) and decide from there
    Good luck!
  • I started with my goal as 150 but then upped it to 169.5 just to make it an even 200 lost. I have several "goals" ~

- if I can just make it to 199, I'll be pretty happy
    - if I can get too small to wear all the clothes I've saved from previous weight losses, I'll be pretty happy
    - if I can get to a SIZE 12 I'll be quite happy
    - if I can get to a SIZE 10 I'll be ecstatic
    - anything beyond that is pure icing...
  • Quote:
    anything beyond that is pure icing...
    Low fat and sugar free icing I am sure!
  • I am taking it one "decade" at a time and I get pretty excited when I get into a lower one. I will say that *when* I get into "onederland" you all will be hearing the screaming!!
  • Quote: My offical goal is 180 but I have a secret lower goal in my head of 165. Umm. I guess it's not really a secret any more, huh. Shhhhh.
    This is so funny. That's MY secret, too!! ha!
  • Quote:
    Low fat and sugar free icing I am sure!
    Well I'm on Atkins so it would have to be a meat- or veggie-based icing LOL.
  • Very, wise move chickie!

I started with 145 as my goal. After maintaining there for a bit, and decided to go lower by 5 lbs. Once that goal was attained, I lowered it again. And finally, once again. 130 is where I decided to stop (my body had other ideas ).

140 is a terrific goal for your height - and very attainable. You will look and feel fantastic there!
    Congrats on your excellent progress so far!
  • mmmmm... meat icing... lol!

Yah I'll be freaking SCREAMING when I hit 199. SCREAMING!!!!!