Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #16  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

199 is the magic number for me, too. I haven't seen a "1" in front of the number in a lonnnnnnnnng time... oh wait, that time I switched the scales over to kgs hahah that was awesome LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #17  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

My "ultimate goal" is not really a scale weight, it's a certain bodyfat percentage (20%), a certain muscular/fit look (think Jessica Biel), and a certain set of physical things I want to be able to do (endurance athletics and weight training goals).

Based on that stuff, 145 might actually be too light for me. I have my mom's body to compare to; she's 5'4", 130 pounds right now, which is a little under weight for where she wants to be (cancer patient), and her BMI is 22.3. She is just a little bit too thin, and my body is almost identical to hers in frame and shape and muscular potential; at 143 pounds I'll have a comparable BMI to what hers is right now.

So in the end, I may actually adjust my goal weight up, not down. But I'm not going to think about it much until I get to 160ish, which is the top of my "normal" range by BMI.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #18  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

You know, this is something that I've been thinking about a LOT lately: whether or not my goal weight is a good one. Quite honestly, I didn't have the slightest idea what the heck I was doing when I picked my goal weight... I've seen a great deal of the members on here explain that they chose their goal because they remember looking/feeling great when they weighed that much at some other point in their lives, but I have never, ever weighed this little in my entire (post-age-9-or-10) life, so I am absolutely clueless as to whether or not 150 lbs will look good on me... Or if my body can even reach that weight at all!

When I first joined this site and was choosing my "goal weight," the whole thing felt completely and utterly preposterous--I would think to myself Okay, I'll just aim for the first weight where I'll have a normal/healthy BMI (which would have been 164 lbs), but then, even the idea of me ever weighing 164 lbs seemed like a complete fantasy--not something I'd ever actually achieve! So I just felt like, Well, as long as I'm already dreaming, I might as well set my sights even *more* ridiculously high! For a woman of my height, 150 lbs is not just the bare minimum to be healthy--it's not TOO ambitious by any means, and there are even a decent number of members on here who start around that weight, heh, but since I had no basis whatsoever for choosing it as a goal weight, I definitely wonder whether I'm being unrealistic. I guess only time will tell!

Of course, it's also 100% possible that I'll get to 150 lbs and still not like the way I look, in which case I guess I'll have to lower my goal... Sheesh! Goal weights--they can drive a gal nuts!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #19  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I think I have 145 for my goal but like everyone else, I know its attainable and I have a secret goal hidden in my heart. I looked at the girl, Nicole from Biggest Loser, she started 1lb heavier than me and now she is at the weight + 1lb that I want to be and she looks good!! So, I can visualize that weight and once I hit 199 I will go bananas!!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote