Fall half marathon runners

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Checking in again; I was supposed to run a 5k this weekend but didn't have time. I did do 4mi on the treadmill this morning at 6mph, which is unheard of for me, so that was cool. I'm going to try to get in a longer run this weekend.
  • forest - nice work on the 6mph! i'm at about 10:30 miles, so you're kicking my but!

I officially started my half marathon training program today. just came in the door from a 32:50 5km run. pretty good for me!!! i'm excited to start getting longer mileage in!! an easy 4km thurs and then 6.5km saturday and 4km sunday...
  • skinny-In the real world, I run much more like 11min miles, but on the treadmill where there are no hills I can make myself run faster. You're doing great!
  • forest - ya, i only run outside, as i let my gym pass expire and have no treadmill at home, although my terrain is pretty darn flat here in the prairies
  • Hah, up here in Vermont it's hills, hills, hills. I hate hills.
  • I ran 7 miles this past weekend. Only 6 more to build up to. My fiance can't make it to my HM because of work and I am devastated about it. He doesn't need to be at all my races but this one is ezpecially important.

fore - I sometimes wish I had some hills around here to help me train better.
  • Ckae- Great job on the 7mi! I was supposed to run 7mi this weekend but with the bf only being in town on weekends it's hard to give up that time with him...I'm trying to work it into my weekday schedule; we'll see how that goes. It sucks your bf won't be around for the marathon; mine misses a lot of my things too since he's 2hrs away and works long hours, and it hurts even though it's not his fault.