BFL Meals week 9!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Yippee! The travelers are back (except Genesis...are you still on the road?)

Today:
    2 pancakes, eggs with veggies
    cc/strawberries
    turkey sandwich with avocado, fruit
    protein shake, fruit
    dinner: protein and veggies

1 hr weights
    protein shake

My goal is to string together 3 POP days this week. Look out!!!
  • Yep, right back at it!!

oatmeal and eggwhites
    yogurt, pp, bran buds
    brown rice, chicken, left over stir fry
    2 bananas (1.5 too many, but better than the other choices I could've made) P powder
    chicken, wild rice, veggies
  • I fly home late tomorrow night so I only have today and tomorrow to struggle with meals. I am so looking forward to having my kitchen back! 10 days on the road is difficult for the BFL lifestyle.

Yesterday - Free Day
    Exercise: 4 mile run & 2 mile walk
    1 - greek yogurt & 1/2 of a whole grain roll with 1/2 oz cheese
    2 - crumpet topped with ricotta cheese and strawberry preserves
    3 - croissant and a latte
    4 - THAI FEAST!!! 'nuff said.

Today...
    Exercise: upper body weights
    1 - latte & 1/2 of a bran muffin (a *real* bran muffin, not a fatty muffin with a teaspoon of bran in it)
    2 - 2/3 of a protein bar
    3 - HUGE green salad topped with scoop of cottage cheese & 1 hardboiled egg
    4 - ??
    5 - ??
    6 - ??
  • Tuesday (already?)

Yesterday was POP. My goal is to string 3 POP days together. Remembering this goal actually kept me out of junk yesterday.

Today:
    3 mile run (done!)
    scrambled eggs with red bell peppers, toast
    protein shake, fruit
    tuna salad sandwich, fruit
    red bell pepper strips, turkey
    dinner? will be out with visiting family. I need to see what the plan is. I'll eat before I go if I need to.
    protein shake before bed

weight: 155
  • hi, I'm back and almost on plan...

yesterday: food was a disaster and I', not going to list it.
    exercise: 1 hr powerclass

today:
    yoghurt etc
    cake
    soup
    cake
    potatochips
    pasta with sauce

exercise: 23 min treadmill

too much birthday cake today!
  • Let's hang in there rabbit, we can do this

oatmeal eggwhites
    yogurt bran buds pp
    oatmeal
    run intervals 45 mins
    hand full of peanuts
    chicken, baked beans, salad
    UBWO
  • POP by the skin of my teeth. I even picked up and smelled the garlic bread. Put it down. Cleaned the kitchen. Packed up the garlic bread. Had some cottage cheese and berries in lieu of the late evening protein shake. I'm going to bed before my inner two year old possesses me.
  • Wednesday!

Slept in til 7 am! Woohoo!

scrambled eggs (2 whole eggs + 2 whites), toast
    cc/berries
    leftover grilled chicken, broccoli, either beans or a tortilla
    boiled egg whites, laughing cow, fruit
    grilled pork chop, broccoli
    1 hr weights
    protein shake

will try to squeeze in some sprint intervals at lunch
  • Hi,

here 's my score for today:
    yoghurt
    cheese sandwich & soup
    2 ryvita's with toppings
    cake
    rice wt beef & peas
    cc+ cherries

and i did UBWO this morning.

I still have not lost an ounce in this challenge, I guess because I still eat too much. It is less than it was, I am more aware of my food choices, but it is still too much. On the up side: I have the impression i have much firmer muscles below the fat layer, and I feel muscles more often. I celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday, and some of my male colleagues were amazed that I was 50. Also, this might be a lame excuse, but I think your metabolism slows down around this age so that might also account for the problems loosing weight. I am up now again, since my trip, but I hope to loosse it again. Anyway, I think I'll be doing more BFL after this and I hope there are more people who would want to do this.

Ilene, I'm still hanging in here!

have a great day all,
    Rabbit
  • Happy Belated Birthday, Rabbit! Is the cake gone yet?

I ran my 3 miles of sprint intervals at lunch and lifted for legs and shoulders (with some abs thrown in) last night. Had a small binge after work. Alas.

Today:
    3 miles done!
    kashi with skim, strawberries, protein shake
    cc/berries/walnuts
    pork chop, beans, broccoli
    hardboiled egg whites, plum
    dinner will be out to eat. Will plan to make good choices.
  • I was HUN-GRY yesterday. I ate on-plan except for a few sweet potato chips I munched on in the afternoon. And since I counted my "snack" of nuts and sweet potato chips as a meal, I ate SEVEN meals yesterday! I ususally struggle to eat six, but my stomach was growling all day so I tried to be an intuitive eater and eat when my body said to.

Exercise: Lower body & I tried a new ab routine
    1 - Protein, fruit & flax shake
    2 - latte and a 1/2 of a luna bar
    3 - small sweet potato topped with cottage cheese
    4 - nuts and sweet potato chips
    5 - small container of greek yogurt
    6 - soy chili & rice
    7 - 1/2 of a protein shake

I know it's recommended you plan your food in advance, but I prefer to eat whatever sounds good at the time. When I'm not traveling, it's relatively easy for me to stay within the BFL guidelines because I enjoy the meals & rarely eat out. I don't know about you, but I've come to the realization that the food I make at home tastes better and is sooo much better for me than restaurant meals. Why would I eat out when I can make a more delicious meal at home for less $$ with a MUCH stronger nutritional profile? And I love trying to incorporate as many super foods as I can in my diet. Anyway, my point is that I am really starting to embrace these 6 meals as 6 opportunities throughout the day to eat something delicious and not as a chore.

Today
    Exercise - Cardio (run)
    1 - protein pancakes
    2 - ?
    3 - ?
    4 - ?
    5 - ?
    6 - ?
  • Quote:
    I think your metabolism slows down around this age so that might also account for the problems loosing weight.
    Well, it does slow down, which means it takes more effort to lose weight, and the loss is slower, but I manage to lose 65+ lbs (about 30Kg) at age 54/55. (Of course, I also managed to gain too much of it back, and am working on the loss part again. )

Quote:
    I've come to the realization that the food I make at home tastes better and is sooo much better for me than restaurant meals.
    This is my DH's perspective too, Genesis. I do prefer my cooking/foods at home to many restaurant choices, and when I do out, I try to have things I won't/can't make a home - like sushi.
  • score of today:
    no exercise. I was dreading a stressfull interview at work, it was as stressfull as I thought and I did not feel like exercise afterwards.

m1: forgot breakfast due to work stress
    m2: 1/2 sandwich
    m3: 1/2 sandwich
    m4: 2 crackers wt toppings
    m5: salad with beef patty
    m6: cc + cherries

tomorrow is another day

have a great day,
    Rabbit
  • rabbit -- Happy belated Birthday from me too, I didn't even know it was your special day... Don't despair about no weight loss, I haven't lost either, just up and down, up and down, ARGH, a couple of pounds

eggwhites/oatmeal
    pp, yogurt, bran
    pre run banana, didn't have much time
    post run, coleslaw with very little dressing, 3 chicken/soy nuggets
    1/4c beans, 1/4c spaghetti, 3oz salmon, coleslaw
    1/4c bran, 1/4c skim milk
  • I haven't lost either, but I'm not sure I can see any scale change. My bf% is pretty low already. If I made some extreme changes I could probably drop it more, but I'm pretty happy with my food and exercise right now. I need to get a handle on my occasional sweet tooth binges, but even those, whether I do or don't, the scale stays in the same range.

Today:
    kashi w/skim, protein shake
    cc/berries/walnuts
    turkey sandwich, broccoli
    bell pepper strips, laughing cow, salmon
    dinner: probably grilled turkey burger and broccoli
    1 hr weights
    postworkout protein shake

I might run this afternoon, probably not though. I'm tired. And I like to run 4-5 times a week, not 6-7.