Spring Season-Long (three months til bathing suits!) Challenge

You're on Page 22 of 23
Go to
  • Oh Stephanie ... I sooo wish I could go for a walk or something instead of going to work.

Hi everybody else! How's the weekend going?
  • well not a bad day over all. went out to breakfast this morning then off to go bike shopping for DS once we got home we started to rip out and i do mean rip out some bushes from the front of the house. that was about 2 hours worth of work and we only got one stump there are 4 more to do yet. we cheated and used the chain saw to get get rid of the branches so we could wee what we where doing. with all the running and then the yard work we worked right throug lunch so no lunch today. for dinner we had chicken on the grill with candied carrots and rice. i do not plan on doing any other exercising today. i am going to count the yard work as my exercis for the day and i do not care if anyone does not like it not at all
  • What the heck!? I fell off the wagon AGAIN. I don't know what my problem is. I didn't do proper food shopping last month so I keep running out of food and eating out just seems so much easier. Also my grandfather, who is practically my dad, is sick and in the hospital again, so I decided it was a good idea to indulge to the extremes this weekend. I am so sick of doing this!
  • wormwooddoll, I'm experiencing something similar. I hadn't fallen off the wagon since I started, but this past month has been h*ll. I'm so stressed and overwhelmed by my life and I feel totally out of control- so of course I turned to food. At first, it was just eating around 1800 on weekends, now I'm eating 1800-2000 every day (my diet calls for 1350 per day) . I know it's just a matter of time when I can't keep myself in control enough to stay at least at maintenance. I'm going to talk to a counselor at my school.
  • good morning. well more yard work is on the list for today as well as the house cleaning. well have a good day everyone. i have lots to do so off i go.
  • kelly315 - I can totally relate. This last month has been terrible. So on and off and on again. I just don't know what to do! I shouldn't even be spending money on eating out, but I DO anyway. I feel like eating something bad will make me happy, but it's just putting me more down-in-the-dumps because the scale isn't going anywhere. I am maintaining, too, at around 202.

I thought I broke this mentality. I have always struggled with binge/emotional eating and I was really working towards it. Now I feel like I am losing all control once again. I am back on day 1 today and I've been really thinking about do I really want to let myself go? I am hoping it works.
  • Good morning!

I'm trying something new this week. I've been up and on the elliptical and have oatmeal ready to eat. I'll get the timing sort out by Friday (I hope). So far it seems kind of rushed and disorganised.
  • I had pretty much decided that I was too tired to do my 'new thing' this morning. I had settled in with my coffee and 3FC but then I read this by Meg

If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Got me right in the lazy heart.

I've had my oatmeal, I've been on the elliptical (not for very long but I was on there working). Now, I'll get ready for work and take my few minutes on the 'net.
  • Hi ladies! I've been M.I.A. I'm down 15 lbs! This has been a very bad week though. I've been exercising, but my eating is not so good. I've been really "snack-y". I wish TOM was just come already! Sorry if TMI! I just want to be in the 170s by June 1st. This post is really random! I'm exhausted from a looonnnggg night at work. Just thought I'd check in!
  • Helloooooo!

That's three mornings in a row and (wonder of wonders) the decimals are moving again.
  • I had a much needed sleep in this morning, which makes this the fifth day and I did not do my new morning routine. I'm not sorry, I'll go for a walk later. Sleep is good too!

Company coming later today, I'll have to think what to feed them.
  • Good morning!

I did indeed get out for a walk yesterday but food was not good. I made reasonable stuff but the boys tried this dip recipe .... delicious! not low cal!
  • Helllllooooo out there ....

42 days to go folks. How are ya doing?
  • Morning! I miss you all!

I just wanted to pop this thread up to say thanks. You all really did motivate me to set an exercise goal and do it. With my walk to run errands this morning, I'm over my goal minutes for our summer challenge. I'm proud and thankful.
  • Hello all!

I've been MIA for awhile because I wasn't losing at all and was feeling rather ashamed of myself.... until today. I'm now at 167.2, the first time since
    having my baby that the scale has moved below 168!

I'm not sure how or why, but suddenly everything is clicking. I'm eating around 1400 cals a day and saying "no" to stuff that I would normally cave for. I'm still not "there" on the exercise, but I'm working on it.

Susan - great job on the elliptical! I always plan to exercise in the a.m. and end up sleeping instead.