5K "What's Up Doc?" 5K

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • YAY!! i just love these!!

38 minutes is my goal !

#24 please :-D
  • Ohhh I wanna play. And I don't know the rules really so I guess I will PM EZ Money? My goal is 38 minutes. My first race is 4/25 so this will be great!
  • Oh, I'm definitely in, Gary. My aim is to break 50 minutes this time.
  • ok my fingers are crossed. i really hope i have the go ahead from my physical therapist to do 5K by then. i'm not even allowed to look at the treadmill again yet and it's been 3 weeks of p.t. already, so i have a feeling he is gonna start me off really slowly. and to think i was gonna do a 10K on april 11. times sure have changed. sigh.
  • I'm in, Gary! My goal is to do this one in 30:30 or less.
  • Yay! I need something kick my butt back into doing 5Ks... My best time last year was 44:32, so my goal is to beat that... I have an "official" 5K I run for a charity every May that is coming up as well and I want to bust through 40 during that race so this is the PERFECT stepping stone!!!
  • yay kim - good to see you here too. I have an "official" in may as well.
  • Im proud of you guys for doing official 5Ks! i don't think i have the guts yet
  • JAHJAH your times are plenty good enough for most 5K's...Angie and I will walk in one, that we do every year, in 2 weeks (CARLSBAD 5K)...we have run it many times too...over 2,000 runners/walkers I'll bet in all the races...fun stuff! And I get beer at the end!!!!!!
  • Jah Jah - you friggen times are awesome. I think you should do one. I bet you would enjoy it

Gary - Colormered47 is my mom. I was telling her about EZMoney's 5K and she's like, "Hey that's my buddy"!
  • bump....I will get numbers up this week...promise!
  • I ran 3.75 miles today! couldn't freaking believe it. There was a five minute after 2.25 miles because I had to change machines but I couldn't believe I had the energy to finish/ 47 minutes total...not bad
  • Well today I went out and ran my 5K on the street and I am so bummed with my time and stamina. I had been doing my 5K in @40 minutes on the treadmill.

Decided in preparation of the 5K coming up (April 11) I should start running for real on the street and it sucked!!! I couldn't even run 5 minutes before getting winded and I won't even tell you how high my heart rate got. I finished in 43:51 (much of it walked) and it did not feel good.

At this point I will not be running in the upcoming 5K (may walk) and thinking I should start C25K again running on the street.

For those that run do you find that big of a different between the treadmill and street? I live in a VERY flat area.
  • I just could not run on the street yet
  • I jogged a couple of mile on a trail today. It took some adjusting because it there were cracks, and turns, and hills and there was absolutely no shock asorption,.....Thank GOD for Nike Shox! I think I adjusted pretty well. I am gonna run it again on Friday just see my time for 3.2 miles.

BTW is 5K 3.1 miles or 3.2 miles? I have seen both.