What DIDN'T you do?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • It's easy to praise yourself for getting off your butt and doing something, but what about all those things you don't do? Like, for instance, having a second helping at dinner. So let's celebrate the small victories. What are you glad YOU didn't do today?

Today I had seaweed salad instead of sushi because I knew I didn't have the calories left (but although those fish may have escaped this time, they're in my mind for the next time I have free calories and they'll be in the company of my digestive juices soon, soon indeed....)
  • i haven't had fast food in two days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's gross, but i don't think i've sent a day without it in at least a year...
  • i didn't add anything crazy like red meat or syrupy sauces to my mongolian stir fry when i went out to dinner tonight. and it was DELICIOUS!
  • There is leftover cake in the frig from my mom's visit. Not touching it!
  • I only had one coke zero today (been cutting down from several.) And managed to drive past many of my favorite fast food restaurants while starving without even blinking an eye.
  • I haven't ignored that little voice inside of me that told me not to just blow my whole diet at McDonald's in three minutes of indulgence.
  • I didn't have a slice of the birthday cake at work today.
  • I didn't eat one bite of the macaroni and cheese that I made as a quick dinner for the kids tonight.
  • I didn't eat strawberry shortcake with my family tonight, I had a 100 calorie bar of ice cream instead.
  • i felt really crappy after a test i took, and i didn't binge eat. i had some dried apple rings instead.
  • I didn't order a frosty at Wendy's today even though I am sick, feel like crud, and felt sure it would make me feel better.
  • There's vanilla bean ice cream in the freezer, and sun-dried cherry sauce to go with it , and I didn't eat any!
  • I didn't just lounge around all day yesterday because I feel like crap, I got up and cleaned the house until I got so worn out that I had to sit down.
  • I didn't go back for more food even though I wasn't thoroughly *full*. I knew that if I waited a bit, like even 10 minutes my stomach and brain would catch up - and they did!

I didn't give into the urge (craving) to eat the frozen homemade cookeis I have in the freezer. And sure enough, that craving passed - really quickly too.

I didn't over snack last night (something I've been doing of late, even though I've been keeping it low cal). I went back to something I can rely on - a cup of hot tea.
  • My didn't is the same as Robin's