MRC Take 32

You're on Page 14 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: Wow....down another pound!!! I can't wait to hear what foods you get on each week of stabilization! I know what you mean about the fear though. I'm still a few weeks away, but it has already crossed my mind a few times that I could see myself gaining it all back again. I'm looking forward to the new food choices but I'm also very skeptical that I will be able to stay disciplined with portions and carbs once I can have them. They are my weakness. I know that's why they keep us going to MRC throughout the whole process though. This time I will have support and accountability even after I reach my goal.
    Me too! It will be interesting for sure. I'm looking forward to the new choices, but fearful of them at the same time. I think everyone get's in that same situation. It's just the idea of entering a new phase and having some hesitation.... totally normal! But still.... wHoA! We can do this!
  • Quote: We would love for you to come and inspire us on the maintainers board. You can be our inspiration. I love reading your posts and come to this board because it is more active and I need the positive reinforcement.
    Oh, thank you!

You all are my inspiration! You are makin' it and I'm so happy to have all of you to talk with!

• Quote: Hi Everyone,

I was gone over the weekend with a girl scout troop. I managed to stay on plan. It's usually easier for me when I'm away from home. I'm more focused.
    Anyway, I'll add 2 more to my line up. I'll think I'll weigh in tomorrow and see if the scale has finally decided to budge. My pants are looser, so that's a good sign.
    Good job!!!
  • Quote: That's so funny! We must be opposite body types. I am the classic pear shape. I'm small above the hips but I'm big from the hips down. If a pair of pants doesn't fit me it will be because of my hips, behind & legs. The waistband usually gapes in the back and the stomach usually isn't a problem. I had a pair of 16's hanging in my closet that were my goal jeans for the last 7 years or so. They are getting too loose to wear now :0) You'll be putting those 14's with the Swarovski crystals in the give away bag before you know it!!
    Is it possible to be an apple with an hour glass shape? Because thats me! From the front you can tell that my waist is quite a bit smaller than my hips, but turn me sideways and BAM! Im an apple! I don't even mind that I will have to eventually get rid of my fancy pants (hehe), I just want to wear them out on my birthday at the end of May! Even if I get one good night out in them, I will be thrilled!!! I have waited so long!
  • Hello to all,
    I am finally coming back. I lost 20 lbs in 2007 and fell off the wagon and never tried to get back on till now. I am so frustrated with my weight and tired of trying everything else out there. I gained 15 back and wanting to lose a total of 50 lbs by June 25th. I see there are a lot of huge loses out there so I know this plan works. I like that this site is so encouraging and helpful. I'll talk to you all soon.
  • Quote: Hello to all,
    I am finally coming back. I lost 20 lbs in 2007 and fell off the wagon and never tried to get back on till now. I am so frustrated with my weight and tired of trying everything else out there. I gained 15 back and wanting to lose a total of 50 lbs by June 25th. I see there are a lot of huge loses out there so I know this plan works. I like that this site is so encouraging and helpful. I'll talk to you all soon.
    Welcome and Good Luck!
    Welcome back--I was also a MRC repeater so I understand where you're coming from!
  • Finz,
    WOW you have lost 100 lbs what is your advise? You are definetely an inspiration. You have achived a huge success. Congrats
  • Quote: Finz,
    WOW you have lost 100 lbs what is your advise? You are definetely an inspiration. You have achived a huge success. Congrats
    I don't really have any advice--I just did the program! Luckily I found this site early on and found it invaluable for support and understanding. It took me a little under a year, so I spent virtually all of 2008 on the program, and am now in the maintenance phase. You just have to do the program as it is laid out and not try to manipulate it, which was my mistake the first time around. I've learned a lot over the last year and I know that keeping the weight off is going to require a lifetime commitment. I feel like I have the tools to deal with it all now.
    Welcome! Maybe you needed to work through some things before trying again.... You're going to do fine. Don't keep worry what happened before though; just move forward. Congrats for starting your journey!
  • Thank you all for the support. I will go to sign up tomorrow and start over, but this time with a different mentality and will power.
  • Help!!
    I'm struggling so bad right now, and have been for months it seems...
    I pretty much went off the plan entirelly for the whole month of December... Since trying to get back on track i rarely make it more than a couple days before some sort of slip up happens... Which then makes the entire day worthless.. I'm to the point where i just don't care anymore and want to give up. My contract goes until May and I still have 45 Lbs to go. I should of been done with it all months ago, but because i can't seem to follow it for more than a couple days at a time, i'm still here 9 months later and a loss of only 40 Lbs... Its like i know what i'm doing when i'm cheating but i just dont' care... I took the food addiction class at my center and all that made me realize was that i wasn't addicted to food until i started this program. NOW, All i think about anymore is food and what i'm suposed to have and what i can't have and what i'm going to have for lunch five days from now.. I"m to the point where i almost just want to quit and go to another weight loss program that is less restrictive and will allow me have the occasional piece of chocolate or cracker and then make up for that elsewhere instead of allowing it to ruin my whole diet day.
    I do really good normally with the meals, but its the inbetween stuff that i just can't resist.. I feel like i've tried everything to get motivated again and just cant. I woke up at 5AM this mornig to go work out, spent a hour swimming, only to ruin it by eating a piece and then another and then another piece of candy at work... Its like once i eat something off plan i eat as much as i can of it because i want to be satisfied with it, knowing that i won't ( or shouldn't) eat it again until i'm done with the program. I think some of my loss of my motivation is im so much happier and more comfortable with how i look and feel now than i was before, so i don't have as strong of a desire to actually loose it like i did before. I know i want to loose more, but would be OK i guess if i didn't, other than feeling like a failure for not getting to my goal weight, and finishing the program...
    I'm also worried about my goal weight, it was just a random number that i blurted out when i signed up, i have no idea if thats where i want to be or not... grrr.. I hope my grumbling didn't discurage anyone who is doing awsome.. But i really need some help right now.
  • You can do it!
    Alright, lets have a woman to woman talk here. Ok, one you know you want to lose the weight, right? Well, you have to remember you are the only one in control of your destiny. You have to believe in yourself. We all have temptations in life, right? Do we go for them all---- NO!!! So you had some candy and you feel restricted, ask yourself how bad do you want this! Honey, I know it is tough, I know it is frustrating- but you can do it! Believe in yourself! Look in the mirror and remind yourself of who you are. This may sound silly, but how about looking in the mirror every day and saying an affirmation...."I am beautiful" " I am strong" I can do anything I set my mind to" etc etc. It really does help. You have to believe in yourself! I am here if you need anything, but please, look down deep inside of yourself and know you are strong enough to do this. We all fall off a path in life, whether it be as a wife, mother, diet, friends, etc, but we all can pick ourselves back up and keep going
  • Quote: Alright, lets have a woman to woman talk here. Ok, one you know you want to lose the weight, right? Well, you have to remember you are the only one in control of your destiny. You have to believe in yourself. We all have temptations in life, right? Do we go for them all---- NO!!! So you had some candy and you feel restricted, ask yourself how bad do you want this! Honey, I know it is tough, I know it is frustrating- but you can do it! Believe in yourself! Look in the mirror and remind yourself of who you are. This may sound silly, but how about looking in the mirror every day and saying an affirmation...."I am beautiful" " I am strong" I can do anything I set my mind to" etc etc. It really does help. You have to believe in yourself! I am here if you need anything, but please, look down deep inside of yourself and know you are strong enough to do this. We all fall off a path in life, whether it be as a wife, mother, diet, friends, etc, but we all can pick ourselves back up and keep going
    Hey Laura,
    Jennifer has it just right! You can do it if you absolutely resolve that this is what you really want!! Make this the most important thing you have ever done, tell yourself daily that this is a matter of life and death and will completely change your life and finally, remind yourself that this is only temporary. You will not always have to avoid the occasional treat but if you stick to this plan like "Glue" you can lose the weight and move on to the next step. If I could tell you today that you will be at goal weight in 5 mo. If you just stick to it w/o deviation - could you do it for 5 mo? It's tough and everyone struggles but stop and think of the real reason you're doing this - it's not for anyone but you. What does that piece of candy give you that make's you feel really good about yourself on a daily basis - nothing except the idea that you can have what you want "instantly" but is it really worth it? Eating the way you have in the past won't allow you to just stop losing weight, instead you will backslide and gain the weight back. And think about why you're feeling deprived, maybe you're bored with the food choices and restriction - have you purchased the MRC cookbook and tried some of these recipes? Maybe that could help as well. Whatever you decide, do it with great determination.

Good Luck!

Karen
  • (((LAURA))) I feel your pain ..... I went totally off for several months and it took me several months of "false starts" to get going again. I'm losing slower than before, but I'm sure my body is mad at me!! BUT, and this is important -- I feel so much better just knowing I'm in control -- the food is not. Being back on plan for a month now, I've lost 13# and am closer to where I need to get to. It does take dedication, and getting used to not having snacks was a challenge, but once you can just get through the first week, the cravings really do go away.

I understand how you feel though -- I feel a lot better where I am also, but I guess I'd really like to finally see this through and perhaps I will find myself somewhere I haven't been for years ... and that will feel even better!! I just know how much better I feel physically and about myself when I make the decision to follow through. It's definitely not easy ... and I truly have been where you are, and all I can tell you is how much better I feel being back in control.

Good luck!