MRC Take 32

You're on Page 12 of 35
Go to
  • Hi all.....Well I'm back to green again. I got a little crazy during the holidays and needed to get back on track. I got five pounds to take off. Good to see everyone and hope to get to know all the new people too.
  • Quote: I decided to try meta quick for 4 days in response to my off plan day on Saturday and to see if it shakes things up a little. So far so good, although it's a little strange not chewing anything until dinner. 2 perfect days OP and absolutely no blts or cheats and no cravings either which is nice.

Even if the only response I see is refocus and breaking the op/off plan cycle, it will be a huge success. Hopefully I'll see the scale budge, too, but it's being very stubborn these days
    Raven-
    I totall understand that wanting to see the scale move! I tried metaquick and if for nothing else it was nice to not have to think about what to pack! Grab a bar and out the door!

I didn't see much budge but that was okay, mentally it was good for me.

I did finally see it move today! I lost 2 lbs since Saturday! YEAH!!! That was the biggest drop in probably 2 months. I've pretty much been stagnant for about 2 months now!

I did decide to stay OP until my time expires and then wherever I am on March 11 is where I will be and then start Stabalization.

Good luck to all and have a great OP week!

Tina
  • Hi Tina,

Thanks for the note. Congrats on the 2lb. loss. A 2 month plateau???? And I thought my 3 week plateau was tough.

Good plan. I have a similar plan. Stay OP until March 1st and then start stabilization. At some point we just need to move on, otherwise I think we just start going off plan more and more. At least that's what happened to me last year and I really want to complete stabilization and maintenance properly this time around and figure out where my daily maintenance calories and food types are going to be.

Good luck and stay strong.
  • Quote: Hi Tina,

Thanks for the note. Congrats on the 2lb. loss. A 2 month plateau???? And I thought my 3 week plateau was tough.

Good plan. I have a similar plan. Stay OP until March 1st and then start stabilization. At some point we just need to move on, otherwise I think we just start going off plan more and more. At least that's what happened to me last year and I really want to complete stabilization and maintenance properly this time around and figure out where my daily maintenance calories and food types are going to be.

Good luck and stay strong.
    Raven-
    Thanks for the note! My day was sooo awesome until we went to the swim banquet potluck tonight and I'm just not even going to talk about it! Guess tomorrow is a new day and I will be strong!

I feel the same way it has been soooo hard to stay OP once I hit my original goal. So for me this is just icing on the cake if I can get here but I'm determined to make it thru Stab. and maintenance!

Good luck this week!
  • Hi Jennifer, welcome back!
  • Quote: Hi all.....Well I'm back to green again. I got a little crazy during the holidays and needed to get back on track. I got five pounds to take off. Good to see everyone and hope to get to know all the new people too.
    HI Jennifer--good to see you again!
  • Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site since June, 2008. I go to the center in Tampa, FL and have been on this new way of eating since February, 2008 and have lost 80 lbs. I still have about 20 lbs more to go but its been hard and I need to refocus. My husband has lost about 62 lbs. You have all been an inspiration to me. I think one of the best threads is the "After Market HNS". Thank you again.
  • Quote: Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site since June, 2008. I go to the center in Tampa, FL and have been on this new way of eating since February, 2008 and have lost 80 lbs. I still have about 20 lbs more to go but its been hard and I need to refocus. My husband has lost about 62 lbs. You have all been an inspiration to me. I think one of the best threads is the "After Market HNS". Thank you again.
    Welcome and congrats on the great success so far The home stretch can be the hardest and several of us are at that place and are struggling to keep the focus. This is a great place to come for support.

Quote: Raven-
    Thanks for the note! My day was sooo awesome until we went to the swim banquet potluck tonight and I'm just not even going to talk about it! Guess tomorrow is a new day and I will be strong!

I feel the same way it has been soooo hard to stay OP once I hit my original goal. So for me this is just icing on the cake if I can get here but I'm determined to make it thru Stab. and maintenance!

Good luck this week!
    Hi Tina,

That's the spirit. I'm determined to get through stabilization and maintenance, too.

I was going strong until last night and then snap, but today was great. I'm back to the green menu after 3 days of metaquick. I'll just keep picking myself up and moving along, The biggest challenge for me is to keep trying and not just chuck it all. I'm sure this is an important part of the process for me. I just figured that I would lose the final 5 in a quick and easy month. Now, it looks like it's going to take longer than that. I don't like it, but that's just the way it is. I am definitely NOT a patient person

Wishing you a great OP day tomorrow.
  • Quote: Hi all.....Well I'm back to green again. I got a little crazy during the holidays and needed to get back on track. I got five pounds to take off. Good to see everyone and hope to get to know all the new people too.
    Hi!!! Welcome back, Missed ya~!
  • Okay had to share a NSV today! It was soooo encouraging since I've been struggling for the last little bit with staying OP.

I had a few extra minutes today so I thought I would stop at JCPenney to try on some pants since none in my closet are fitting. I grabbed 14's to start with and those were either huge or baggy and went and grabbed the 12's and most of those fit! WOW I haven't been that small since I got married (18 years ago this week). Bummer part none of them were long enough

Also I thought I'd share with those of you who are plateuing that the thing that has worked for me these last few weeks is to really change up what I'm eating. I've added new things and try to eat something different for meals instead of the same basic things. I think this has really helped my body to not know what to expect and it is actually deciding to lose a few more pounds!

Have a great day!
  • Quote: Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site since June, 2008. I go to the center in Tampa, FL and have been on this new way of eating since February, 2008 and have lost 80 lbs. I still have about 20 lbs more to go but its been hard and I need to refocus. My husband has lost about 62 lbs. You have all been an inspiration to me. I think one of the best threads is the "After Market HNS". Thank you again.
    Welcome and congrats on 80lbs lost that is awesome!
  • Hi Tina,

That's the spirit. I'm determined to get through stabilization and maintenance, too.

I was going strong until last night and then snap, but today was great. I'm back to the green menu after 3 days of metaquick. I'll just keep picking myself up and moving along, The biggest challenge for me is to keep trying and not just chuck it all. I'm sure this is an important part of the process for me. I just figured that I would lose the final 5 in a quick and easy month. Now, it looks like it's going to take longer than that. I don't like it, but that's just the way it is. I am definitely NOT a patient person

Wishing you a great OP day tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Raven-

I'm not a patient person either and that is what has played with me mentally this last month! I just want to be at my goal weight. Yesterday was mostly OP but Lunch was a disaster b/c work meetings went longer than expected and then had to do a quick drive thru and there is nothing healthy next to where I work! Shows me not to leave home without at least a bar! Live and learn!! But today has been totally OP and a trip to the gym is planned for after dinner with my daughter!

You will lose that last 5 lbs and stick with the final mile!
  • Good suggestions about changing up the menu. I have been eating mostly the same things. I've also been really hungry. Not sure what that means since the scale still isn't budging.

Congrats on the NSV. It's so much fun to shrink a size. Forget the scale, those are real results!!

Yesterday was a perfect OP plan. Looking forward to another today.
  • my weekend wasn't completely OP but it was pretty close.. best you can do out of town and eating out every meal almost. i lost 3 lbs between thursday and monday and another .5 between monday and yesterday. i re-signed for 17 weeks at 129 because it's A LOT cheaper that way *breaks down to 7.59 per week* which will get me through to goal she said last night. 17 weeks doesn't sound that long but when i counted it out i'm on till JUNE and that just sounds like FOREVER!! i'll have been OP for 160 days by the time i start stabilization. just WOW! that's almost enough motivation for me to add my pilates and see if i can make that 5 lbs a week and get this time frame cut WAY down.
  • woo hoo...I lost 3lbs since Monday so I got to sign 45 pound board!