what's your favorite?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just wanted to know what fast food chain has some low cal good food!lol
    Whats your favorite?
  • Chipotle - Awesome veggie/bean salads. You can get the estimated calories through www.chipotlefan.com
  • It's hardly novel but the Subway veggie salad is huge and is just SIXTY calories! Skip the cheese and choose vinegar only (not oil/vinegar) for your dressing.
  • Chick-fil-a....yum....fruit cups, grilled chicken sandwiches, low cal soups...it's all good
  • wow sounds good....thanks all!
  • I like Subway because I can control what and how much vegetables I get, how much meat, what condiments, and so on. And it's fresh and made right in front of you. Also, some Subways have this awesome vegetarian patty that's really good.

Jay
  • Jay - veg patty!? I've never seen that at subway but I have had a veg sub at subway but I'm not a big fan of their bread. Subway also has salads.
  • I like Wendy's....the big salads...the chicken grill...the baked potatoe....the chili...yum!
  • I liked the grilled chicken Sw Salad at McDonald's 420 w dressing (I usually use 1/2 the packet which saves 50 calories)

and anything off the fresco menu at Taco bell - I usually get the chicken soft taco 170 calories
  • nelie, it's different from the veggie delight, which is just vegetables. It's a vegetable pattie--Subway here in Florida has them--at least, I've seen them in 3 different stores. Ask at the counter if they have the veggie pattie. I don't see it on the website, alas.

Edited to Add: They list the veggie pattie on the U.K. website, so maybe it is available in different areas.

Jay
  • I LOVE Subway! I've never heard of the veggie patty either.? wow!
    p.s. nicki rose98 LOVE your profile picture! Jasper is the cutest one though!LOL!
  • the subway veggie patty is like a veggie burger.. it's pretty good, but I think it's a little salty, personally. And i'm from Ohio so they ahve 'em up here...
  • Carl's Jr (Hardy's in other parts of the country) has a grilled bbq chicken sandwich that isn't too caloric. I also like their grilled chicken salads. If you can find one that is shared with a Green Burrito, then you can get salsa to use instead of dressing.

I only eat fast food when we are traveling and there are no other options. Besides Carl's, we will stop at Subway or Quiznos willing. Most other fast food joints we avoid, although a few of them have lower calorie options.

Oh, and I love IN-N-OUT, but there is nothing diet friendly about going there. Good thing the closest one is a whole days drive away!
  • i don't know, if i'm craving fast food i can usually get something decent wherever i want (THANK YOU 'Eat This, Not That!') but I love the salad at Chick Fil A, and the Jr. Whopper at Burger King, and the chili at Wendys, and the fresco menu at Taco Bell... Just depends on what you're in the mood for!

But if you're a fast food junkie or always eating out for whatever reason- I REALLY suggest that book!
  • Wendy's is pretty good when it comes to fast food.

I can find a good "low cal but yummy" item at most fast food places so I never really have an issue I recommend "Eat This, Not That!" as well, its a great book!