It's Super Bowl Sunday - plans or strategies??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi folks - seems like it's a holiday on Super Bowl Sunday. Some of you might be going to parties or having friends over. Whether it's the game or the commercials (my favorite part) - What are your plans to make it a fun and healthy day?

Actually I don't know if I'd watch if DH didn't love football so much. I am really a college football lover - not pro.
  • We are having friends over - here's what we'll have:

veggies and lite dip
    clementines
    chips and salsa

serving - White bean and chicken chili

A friend is bringing over dessert.
  • I have:

-Imported nonalcoholic beer (I don't drink alcohol, but I like the taste now and then. But each is about 90 calories)
    -Doritos, divided into single-serving sizes (140 cals each)
    -Diet sodas
    -Celery sticks (I love celery!)
    -Easy Cheese (80 cals/2TBS)
    -Salad
    -Extra lean beef burgers (no buns) (200 cals each)
    -Single-serving sizes of cashews, almonds, peanuts.

And that should more than get us through the game!

Jay
  • I have turkey chilli in the slow cooker, making homemade hummus, with whole wheat pitas, roasted veggies, air pop popcorn, choc milk for the kids, perrier for me, and a veggie tray.
  • Super Bowl will be just me,myself & I....I'm thinking maybe some skillet pizza & a nice big salad

• Since the Eagles didn't make it to the big game we are not doing anything. We will watch, but there will not be any special food...just a normal food day. Of course I need to hit the grocery store at some point so I have something to put on the table.
  • If you want wings the way to do it is get the non-breaded non-fried kind. The standard buffalo sauce is basically Tabasco, low carb, and the wings themselves are high protein. Costco has a mesquite smoked wing that have been smoked, not fried, you can heat them in your oven and they have no sauce just some peppered seasoning.
    My plan is to have;
    10 wings 600
    Carrot and celery sticks
    Lite ranch for dip 100
    2 cans of Guinness 420
    and if I'm still hungry and cant take it anymore some light microwave popcorn. 150
    1270 roughly I can still have my slim shake for breakfast and a granola bar for lunch.
    Go Cardinals!
  • well as most my mates i used to play wiht are living up country i'll not be going to a party this year however i will be watching alone its on over night here finishes about 3am, so i'll be on blackcurrent squash. possibly rice infusion pringles and my fav is yoghurt coated raisns and peanuts.

i'm a phins fan but tonight its go cards!
  • We're going to a party where they have a chili cookoff...I made white beans and ground chicken "chili" to enter. I figure I'll have something to eat but don't count on winning any prizes. LOL. I'm also bringing my own salad and celery sticks. Sad...but most of the time when I go to these things there's nothing for me to eat. I'm a cheap date...I bring my own food. Oh, also bringing my water bottle and lots of Crystal Light. That's my plan.
  • My strategy is to not be a huge sports fan. It has worked well in the past. lol.

I am not about sports at all but of course wouldn't mind a win for the steelers, being in pittsburgh and all.

it's fun to watch the city burn! *LOL* (I live right off campus )
  • Lucky for me, Sunday's are our off plan days. I never go crazy on these days but I'll have a few treats. We're actually only doing a sub ring and soup Some Roasted Red Pepper and Basil dip with cut up veggies and pretzels, of course there will be the usual, bad stuff, but I'll stay away.

Good Luck to everyone and GO STEELERS!
  • We're not doing anything. I am making food for the week, lunches & whatnot & cleaning since it's a balmy 30 degrees.
  • We're just staying home. Dh is on call...so we didn't commit to any "big' plans! Yeah! Anyways, I plan to make some guac and these killer good black bean quesadillas with thin corn tortillas and 2% fat cheese, loaded with bell peppers, red onion, garlic, tomatos... Nothing dangerous.

Unless DH comes home from the gorcery store with something bad...
  • My DH's fav team (the Eagles) didn't make it so he's probably going to watch a little bit of the game...no one is coming over so no worries
  • Quote: We're just staying home. Dh is on call...so we didn't commit to any "big' plans! Yeah! Anyways, I plan to make some guac and these killer good black bean quesadillas with thin corn tortillas and 2% fat cheese, loaded with bell peppers, red onion, garlic, tomatos... Nothing dangerous.

Unless DH comes home from the gorcery store with something bad...
    I had a roasted vegetable qusedilla last night (no cheese though) at Uno and it was SO GOOD that we decided t make them here tonight (with light cheese) on whole wheat pitas.