JulieJ08's PICS of 57# Lost

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Here we go again! Weird timing, since I'm pre-TOM, but oh well.

Sorry the front pic is blurry, couldn't seem to get my shooter to resolve that. Kinda bummed about that because my collarbone should really be showing now , but I'll have to get other pics for that I guess.

On the side view it almost looks like my tank sticks out as much in the last pic as the first - but in the first, my stomach was pushing it out. In the last, it's just the fabric hanging weird.

My favorite thing about the back view is the my shoulder shape has changed from so rounded to nice and square.

Thank you everyone has expressed interest in new pics!

0. 4/14/08, 197#, waist at least 36.5 (starting point)

1. 4/29/08, 190#, size 16-18, waist 35.375
    2. 7/15/08, 170.5#, size 14, waist 32.5
    3. 9/28/08, 154#, size 12, waist 30.375
    4. 1/11/09, 140#, size 8/6, waist ~28.5

• And because everyone asks ... here's a recent post explaining how I do it

I started in mid-April. I lost 39 pounds by September 1st. At that point, I became vegetarian, and I also stopped calorie counting. I've lost 18 more pounds since then. I'm losing about 3 pounds a month these days, but the clothing sizes are changing more rapidly.

Until August, my exercise was 1 1/2 hours of yoga every morning. Then in August I started the C25K program, which I finished in later October. So now I do yoga, and I run 3 miles M-W-F.

My food approach has been a whole foods type of thing from the beginning. Low sugar, almost only whole grains, lots and lots of veggies, plenty of fruit too. Lots of beans. I use things like olive oil, avocado, and nuts a lot. I don't drink cow milk, but I am still using cheese several times a week. I use the best full-fat, strong tasting cheese I can. I'm on a learning curve with tofu. I don't generally use fake meat products, although Tofurkey has an Italian sausage that adds a lot to dishes and has ingredients I feel pretty good about.

I don't do desserts or treats at home, except dark chocolate. I'm really loving how tame my sweet tooth has become, I would never have believed it. But if there's something really good when I'm with family, I will have some and I don't believe in feeling guilty about it.

The whole point is developing something I can live with for the rest of my life, and enjoy it. I've never been super strict, but also my choices are more motivated by health than calories - to me, that makes it easier to stay on track most of the time. It feels proactive instead of punitive.
  • You go girl. Thanks for posting. You look awesome!
  • wow!! i was waiting for you to update! haha you look stunning!! fantastic work wow what a difference!
  • You're looking good!! Only 10 pounds until your goal. Good luck!
  • Julie, you look absolutely amazing. This is just wonderful. You have been such an inspiration--and after seeing these photos, you will definitely continue to be. High Five, Girl! WOOT! WOOT!
  • Awesome, Julie! You look so fit! Keep up the excellent work and thanks for sharing your results!
  • Quote: And because everyone asks ... here's a recent post explaining how I do it

The whole point is developing something I can live with for the rest of my life, and enjoy it. I've never been super strict, but also my choices are more motivated by health than calories - to me, that makes it easier to stay on track most of the time. It feels proactive instead of punitive.

Beautifully written!

My foods are in line with yours mostly except I do take chicken breast and fish.
  • Wow! You look FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work!
  • Woohoo!! You look awesome Julie!

Nice work
  • Wow!! What an inspiration you are!! Keep up the great work.
    I especially love the definition your arms are getting. That encourages me to get working!!
    Thanks again,
    K
  • fabulous baby!

You are looking so trim and fit.

I love your food plans too.
  • WOW! great job! you got curves in all the right places now! I hope I look tat good!
  • NO WAY! You rock! Look at the side view, check out the way your guns and quads are progressing. Beautiful!

ETA: Thanks so much for posting new photos (I was one of the people who pestered) - so inspirational. You've come a long way babes!
  • Dang, girl, you look AWESOME! Those side guns are almost making me jealous!

it's amazing how you went from a chunky girl to having a perfect hour glass shape, too. rock on.